T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone...my boyfriend and I have started small and we recently purchased an EPSON CX7800 printer to get things rolling with our t shirt business. We figured that we would buy the printer first, then we could start making smaller designs and using the hand iron to put them on the shirts. Once we start selling those ideas we were hoping to have the money to purchase the heat press by xmas.

I do have some questions:

even though we are only using a hand iron, I still want to come out with the best transfer possible. Obviously the cheap transfer paper you buy at the store has you print the image directly on the paper then you just iron the paper onto the shirt. That isnt exactly what I am looking for right now...

One of the designs that we have includes words and with that paper, they say you have to cut completely around the object or else the white background of the paper will show....

can anyone recommend a good transfer paper that ony transfers the ink that we can use with a hand iron?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b...LPRIDEFRONT.gif
this is one of the first designs that I am trying to accomplish and I hope it is not completely impossible using a hand iron....
i read on bestblanks.com that some of the transfer paper they sell can transfer the ink only with a a hand iron...does anyone know anything about this paper?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b...nheartshirt.jpg

this is a shirt that i made with our ribbon heart design....and i used that cheap transfer paper that just irons the paper with the image onto the shirt....it works ok for this design but it will NOT work for the design above..

if anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it..

thanks

Kristyn and Justin

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Hi Kristyn, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums.

No need to post the same question in two separate areas though :) As people see your original post here, they will be able to read and respond as they have time.

We have several people here that are pretty knowledgeable about heat presses, so hopefully they'll see your original thread and respond soon.

Don't stop posting questions though, that's how we all learn :) In the meantime, you may want to try the search feature to see if you can find any answers that might have already been posted.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
There is a paper for a laser printer (which Im guessing you dont have in your budget) called photo trans image clip, that only transfers the ink. That is only for light colored t-shirts.

there is not yet a transfer paper for dark shirts that transfers only the ink.

For dark colored shirts, you can buy custom plasticol or vinyl transfers.
For plasticol look into: silver mountain graphics or first-edition.

For vinyl, there are lots of people that could do them for you, even on this forum (me included)

Plasticol is cheaper, but with vinyl there is no minimum orders.

Also, if youre serious about this business, you really need a heat press to get good results. You can get one for under $500, so with a little saving its really in anyones budget. Just think about it...I hand iron gives about 15 lbs of pressure. I heat press is giving a few hundred lbs of pressure. Which shirt do you think will last longer?

·
Registered
389 Posts
How does a heat press give hundreds of pounds of pressure? Does it have a motor or something that does it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts