T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My friend Laurine and I are just starting up a t-shirt company. I come up with the concepts and she's the artist. I've read a lot of the postings here and am amazed at how helpful and informative everyone is on here. Working with limited financing to start, we're looking at heat transfers as opposed to silk screening. Any information that anyone can offer regarding an affordable software program for macs that will allow us to take the scanned images of Laurine's drawings and edit them for printing would be great. Also I've read some of the forums regarding types of transfer paper and it's a foreign language to me. Which is best regarding quality transfer paper, how long it will last and we don't want it to feel too heavy on the shirt. Also what is the best ink to use. I'm sure you can tell that we are clueless right now. Any info offered will be greatly appreciated.

Matt

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Hi Matt, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums.

I know it can be a lot to take in when first starting out, but you'll find a lot of questions answered in the Heat Press forum category (best inks, transfer paper, press times, etc):
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

From what I've read (I'm not a heat press expert, but I'm learning more from the posts in this forum), Magic Mix seems to be a good ink and TransJet seems to be good quality paper.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello MaShaneJ,

I use mac to do all my graphics. I believe the best program to use on a mac to edit images is Adobe Photoshop. If you looking to create your own vector graphics I believe Adobe Illustrator is the best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts