T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved an anouncement from Espon Store Clearance. There is additional 10% to 20% discount for select refurbished Epson inkjet printers. The sale is good from Aug. 20-26.

C120 - $31.00
1400 - $143.20

And much more on all-in-one printers.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
thanks Luis I just got the all in one so I can scan pics for the vinyl cutter when I have to trace .

·
Registered
985 Posts
Thank Luis, I am still trying to decide to buy or not to buy.
Already have one Epson 2200, Epson Photo 960, C88+, Epson Picture Mate Deluxe and with the Epson prices on the C120 so low... don't know where I will put it... besides there is a Samsung ML1210, and a Xerox Phaser 740 all of them in my office, please convince me I don't need another printer !!!! :)

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Marcel,

I know it is very hard to resist. I just bought a CX7400 two weeks ago for $44.00 with free shipping now it is on sale for $39.00. Could you imagine a printer selling for almost the price of a set of cartridges with brand new set of cartridges.

Like you I have too many printers already. I already have 3 inkjet printers. Two are still in boxes (C7400 and C88). I have OKI C5200 laser printer, a Brother B/W all-in-one laser printer, a Primera and a Seiko Thermal wax color printers. Well I am retiring the two thermal wax printers since supplies are no longer available and they are both old. One is 14 and the other is 8 years old.

But for a song there is always room for more. I just finished remodeling my garage. I turned it into my embroidery and print shop. So space is not an issue. I have a birthday coming (Aug. 26) I think I will treat myself C120 or 1400 or both:D. I have been telling my wife the extra printers are for research :D which I do.

My suggestion to you is buy one or two. Keep them in the box for backup.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
There is an interesting story for you here Luis. One of the big computer stores here in the UK was selling a well known printer (not Epson) at low cost. It came to the attention of the newsfolk however, that it was actually cheaper to throw the printer away, than to bother changing the cartridges when empty. With recycling being quite a hot topic here at the moment, they got very bad press and took it off sale.

I have just bought two brand new Epson printers at a fraction of the cost I would have paid for them five years ago. Can't help but think that Epson will try to get it back by putting the cost onto the cartridges though. Good job I also bought two CIS systems to go with them. Sorry I'm not paying your expensive ink prices Mr Epson, but I'd rather spend it on donuts. I get just as good results from third party bulk inks.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have a good recycling program here in US. There are companies that are willing to collect old ink/toner cartridges, electronics and consumer equipments for free so that they don't wind up in the dump sites. As a matter of fact I have 3 computers, 3 monitors and two printers that will be picked up this Saturday.

I agree about the third party inks. I use it myself with refillable cartridges for 85% less than OEM and no color shifting. One thing that worries me is the lawsuit won by Epson against companies selling or making refillable cartridges. The refillable cartridges still are being sold in the open market even online at that.

Got to give Epson very good credit for putting out cheap and very good products that are benefited by inkjet printer users in this industry. I can't blame the company for finding ways to make profit. After all the company needs income in order to survive.

I wonder what happened to that lawsuit.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
There is a good recycling scheme regionally, where old computers and other household equipment is refurbished by people with learning difficulties (under technical supervision). It gives them dignity and they are able to partake in a work activity in a very constructive way, as the refurbished items are then in turn sold on to people that are struggling financially.

As I've mentioned before on posts, inkjet ink is around seventeen times more expensive than the very best Bolinger champagne. I'm sure that if Epson and others had more realistic pricings, people would buy original cartridges. As for lawsuits, I reckon you'll still get refillable cartridges off EBay and elsewhere for years to come. I have several unopened Epson printers in my loft space, as I predict the way things are going, you'll eventually end up with twelve colour printers (sigh). Four colours have always given me great results.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just visited Epson Clearance Center and found that 1400 are all gone. Here I thought of buying at least 2 C120 and a 1400 after talking to my wife:(. Hopefully there will be more before the end date.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Marcel,

I know it is very hard to resist. I just bought a CX7400 two weeks ago for $44.00 with free shipping now it is on sale for $39.00. Could you imagine a printer selling for almost the price of a set of cartridges with brand new set of cartridges.

Like you I have too many printers already. I already have 3 inkjet printers. Two are still in boxes (C7400 and C88). I have OKI C5200 laser printer, a Brother B/W all-in-one laser printer, a Primera and a Seiko Thermal wax color printers. Well I am retiring the two thermal wax printers since supplies are no longer available and they are both old. One is 14 and the other is 8 years old.

But for a song there is always room for more. I just finished remodeling my garage. I turned it into my embroidery and print shop. So space is not an issue. I have a birthday coming (Aug. 26) I think I will treat myself C120 or 1400 or both:D. I have been telling my wife the extra printers are for research :D which I do.

My suggestion to you is buy one or two. Keep them in the box for backup.
i just got a cx7400 for $34.99 at frys electornics :).. man! you cant even get ink for that price!! refurbished of course, but for a extra printer, you cant beat the price..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts