T-Shirt Forums banner

221 - 239 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
To be honest, we were very busy with our regular jobs and were not able to fully test NeoRIP vs. Digital Factory (as much as we would have liked).

Is it possible to get a week extension on the NeoRIP trial?

From a very basic look at both pieces of software, I though NeoRIP did the better job right out of the box. That is, until we printed the pinup girl with the Stanley Cup. The face and hair just came out better for that with DF.

DF has an easier to use interface. However, every time we moved an image into the platoon box within the software, the image changes color, lots of weird black shadows going on, etc. Not sure what that is about, but always makes us nervous. Even knowing the image will print ok, it's weird to see a distorted image on the screen when you hit print.

The Neo interface is just older and in our limited time we never really got a good handle on how to display a platoon and be able to "drag" the image around and resize it accordingly. I'm very visual and would prefer a rectangle platoon that displays with my image inside of it proportionally, and wherever I move the image and however I resize the image it prints like that on the platoon. With Neo we just used the box that showed center top, or center middle, etc.

I'm hoping AA can extend our trial at least one more week, otherwise I can't really get a good handle on which software to buy. We still have DF, so will play with that for a few more days and see how we feel about it.

Either way, but RIP's are MUCH better than Garment Creator and worth the investment, in my opinion.

·
Registered
62 Posts
One more.

Digital Factory vs. NeoRIP again.

Digital Factory did a better job with the girls face/hair, and NeoRIP did a better job with the writing on the side of the Stanley Cup.

Digital Factory is #1 (you cannot see writing on the side of the cup).

NeoRIP is #2 (you can see writing on the side of the cup).

*Mods, no idea why the one image is uploading on its side. Can you fix this?
Could you please post the artwork Of the lady with the cup? It can be low resolution I just would like to see how differently the colors were adjusted by both of the rips.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i cant help but feel that 5 minutes of photoshop would produce a better result than any of the two RIPs do out of the box. does one of them exist as a photoshop plugin?

·
Registered
533 Posts
DF has an easier to use interface. However, every time we moved an image into the platoon box within the software, the image changes color, lots of weird black shadows going on, etc. Not sure what that is about, but always makes us nervous. Even knowing the image will print ok, it's weird to see a distorted image on the screen when you hit print.
I am not aware of any issue with the preview changing when its being moved about.
Can you contact our tech support so they can take a look or please PM me and I will take a look.

Which queue did you use for these.

Any chance we can look at the originals ?

Best regards

-David

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
i cant help but feel that 5 minutes of photoshop would produce a better result than any of the two RIPs do out of the box. does one of them exist as a photoshop plugin?
I will agree that if you know your way around Photoshop these printers can be truly amazing.

Where DF and I would say NeoRIP too really shine though is when you have an image that you are printing on a black t that has a lot of fade to black in the design. A re-edit in Photoshop for some of these types of images could sometimes take hours whereas with an aftermarket RIP you might could just load the image and print.

I do however get some excellent result printing on dark color t's with GC after a nice Photoshop edit session.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
Thanks for all comparison. However TSF picture upload option is not good enough to compare.
Use Photobucket or some sort will give us better idea.:)
If art work is well known We will know which is which. Computer screen, artist's original colors etc. Stanley cup face pics are very hard which one create right color.
Thanks again.
Cheers to NeoFamily! Beers are on me always.

·
Registered
115 Posts
One more.

Digital Factory vs. NeoRIP again.

Digital Factory did a better job with the girls face/hair, and NeoRIP did a better job with the writing on the side of the Stanley Cup.

Digital Factory is #1 (you cannot see writing on the side of the cup).

NeoRIP is #2 (you can see writing on the side of the cup).

*Mods, no idea why the one image is uploading on its side. Can you fix this?
The white space between her legs wasnt supposed to be there right? I always pick out these little things. lol

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
The white area is on both prints shown so I would assume it was originally designed on a white background and then it was erased but the internal area didn't get edited.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am not sure if one is "better" or not. I know that I do like DF very much so for me that is the one that I am using.

It is very easy to manipulate things in DF once you get used to it. It also accepts Photoshop .png and .psd files which is good for me because I am all about Adobe Photoshop.

Digital Factory seems very well supported and they have a few new features coming out soon too from what Ayman told me recently.

DF also lets you use the software for 30 days unlike NeoRIP which is good for only 15. DF lets you DL the software and use it right away, with NeoRIP you have to order the dongle with a $50 (refundable) deposit.

CadLink will also work with you when ever you have a problem with DF, at least they have for me so far.

All of these issues added up and made a difference to me.
Update: Digital Factory only demos for 15 days. NeoRip now cost $100 for the demo (refundable once the dongle is returned)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think neorip may well have shot themselves in the foot putting the price up MUCH to the benefit of Digital Factory. It's a bit of a no brainer really if you want to try something.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do to the positive rating of Digital Factory Apparel, I decided to go with them. NeoRip's sales rep did not seem to know much about the product he was selling, and was unable to tell me what it offered over Digital Factory Apparel.

221 - 239 of 239 Posts