T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post on the site and am hoping to get some helpful responses. I am very near making my first purchase of a DTG machine. I have one pretty straight forward question. Is the Neoflex worth the extra money (around 4,000) over the Veloci-jet XL. This is taking everything into account, most importantly customer service, maintanence, and just over quality of all aspects of each printer. Any and all insight is much appreciated. Also if anyone wants to give their opinions on the freejet 500tx and also the Fast T-Jet Blazer I would be greatful.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
While you're waiting for answers in this thread, you can read LOTS of opinions on both printers by just searching the forums using the search box at the top of the page for the keywords neoflex and velocijet (or just reading the posts in the two companies' sections of the forums).

NeoFlex - T-Shirt Forums

Veloci-Jet - T-Shirt Forums

That way you don't miss out on all the great opinions that were already shared by people who may not be here to see your post today :)

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
AA's customer service is 2nd to none, and the NeoFlex with the NeoRIP Pro is excellent. you may not regret buying the Veloci-Jet, but you definitely won't regret buying the NeoFlex! plus when you have a large run, the NeoFlex doesn't stop printing. you load 3 shirts and while it's printing the 2nd and 3rd shirt, you reload the 1st again. i send customer provided art straight to print and it comes out great!

·
Banned
25 Posts
I have also been doing research and as for the Epson platform the 4880 engine seems to have a better print quality than 1800/1900 engine.

The 1800/1900 engine does seem to be a bit faster, I'm concerned on the durability of the 1800/1900 printer compared to the 4880.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
I have also been doing research and as for the Epson platform the 4880 engine seems to have a better print quality than 1800/1900 engine.

The 1800/1900 engine does seem to be a bit faster, I'm concerned on the durability of the 1800/1900 printer compared to the 4880.
Very sharp observation which many people pass this. Learn from Epson - Exceed Your Vision web site. Both are printers but whole lot different. Longevity, structure, image quality, parts, capping station, ink feeding system, 4880 cost is 7 times more than 1800/1900. Since 4880 is best printer Epson ever create but they try to replace with 4900 but sell was not meet 4880 was. So Epson is starting to reproduce 4880 couple months back. Unlimited supply. They will not reproduce 1800/1900.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
I really believe the 4800 series was ahead of it's time hardware wise in the dtg world. A lot of companies came out with pro series dtg printers but few truly utilize what that platform is capable of producing. 4800/4880 printers hands down produce the best prints. I think Peter has proven through the prints produced from his NeoRip that AA knows how to utilize what it has the capability to do. Look at the updates to the rip AA constantly releases for it to easily produce awesome prints.

PAT

·
Banned
25 Posts
Being new to the forums I did not want to cause a stir. The first thing I noticed is Epson rating on the 4880 compared to the 1900...not even close. I could see comparing the Veloci-Jet to the Neoflex if it was a $10,000 price difference but not for $4,000.

Tomoneymx11 maybe you should a consider a refurbish DTG Printer based on the 4880, as long as the parts are new it would still be better than a brand new 1800/1900 based printer.

·
Banned
25 Posts
You are wrong on price. You are right on research.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.
I was basing the price difference from the first post on this tread.

From tmoneymx11:

This is my first post on the site and am hoping to get some helpful responses. I am very near making my first purchase of a DTG machine. I have one pretty straight forward question. Is the Neoflex worth the extra money (around 4,000) over the Veloci-jet XL. This is taking everything into account, most importantly customer service, maintanence, and just over quality of all aspects of each printer. Any and all insight is much appreciated. Also if anyone wants to give their opinions on the freejet 500tx and also the Fast T-Jet Blazer I would be greatful.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts

Your correct, the 1800/1900 based print engines are faster then any of the 48xx based machines as those print engines where designed to be used for proofing and small giclee prints.

As far as durability goes there's a bit more involved here then meets the eye.
The capping stations reliability, longevity and mechanisms are virtually the same in nature.
Actually the capping station design of the 1800/1900 models are better suited to handle white ink since the capping station cap is spit in half keeping the white ink and color inks separate, this allows one to clean and pull white ink through the system without wasting color inks if provisions are in place to facilitate that function.
The only other difference is the X axis rail that some manufactures add roller bearings replacing the polymer ones.
The other mechanisms that factor into longevity and durablity has to do with the transport system that include the mechanisms that move the platen or printer depending on the design and has nothing to do with the print engine used.
In addition to the required mechanical systems the ink delivery system also plays part in the durability longevity and functionality of the printer when white ink is incorporated. The stock ink delivery systems do require some changes to handle the addition of white ink.
Its should be asked what steps have been done to address all these concerns when looking at any DTG printer regardless of the print engine.

My usual reply when asked what the difference is between these 2 print engines really comes down to productions requirements or print width as all these print engines have the potential to produce quite extraordinary results.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Lol xxxx 999999
All same except width but $300-400 vs $2500 now before $2000. Epson must be out of their mind. If you want I will post all your prints i collect and all other 4880 prints here for you to say yourself. But that is cheap and against tsf rule. Fact cannot hide. Since you are the it. Tell us why Epson priced that way. :). LMAO. Admit is hard sometimes I understand. 1800 is good but not good as 4880. I am not talk about NeoFlex. Generally.
Didn't you tell me "peter, t-jets are all desk top printer we should go with professional printer 4800(flexijet) print quality will be much better". Forgot? So I decide to pay you to make Flexijet with 4800. Or you changes as you go like you said you will never posting here. Anyway that seems like always your style. I like consistency with faith. Man's word should not turn over.
PS: read title, your name is not here.

·
Premium Member
4,204 Posts
It seems the 1900 is faster than the 4880...but how much faster? It seem like a "catch 22" speed or quality? We are all in the printing biz to make money.
Exactly. Time is money. I can print an image on darks using our Mod1 2 to 2.5 times faster than on our FlexiJet, but the reality is, I have to sell either of the shirts at the same price. Like Mark said, the benefit of the 48xx over the 18/1900 is size. Yes it has a finer microweave pattern, but again, I can't sell that shirt at any greater price than on the Mod1.

If you look at the quality of the 18/1900 prints, it's not lacking anything in that department. Still very high quality but with the extra benefit of speed.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
It seems the 1900 is faster than the 4880...but how much faster? It seem like a "catch 22" speed or quality? We are all in the printing biz to make money.
In the big picture the more shirts you produce a day is everyone's objective.
No "catch 22" here as the quality of these print engines all exceed what most consumers ever thought could be achieved compared to screen printing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the feedback although I do not understand a few of the posts due to the fact it's written in a technical way not for newbies and also for some proof reading issues. I'm assuming the veloci-jet is an 1800/1900 based machine? What other machines are 4880 based? Am I correct in decoding All Americans post that Belquettes post did not address the difference in print engine and that is the biggest attribute of the 4880 over the 1800/1900? Things written a little more plainly for the new guy would be appreciated :)

·
Banned
25 Posts
In the big picture the more shirts you produce a day is everyone's objective.
No "catch 22" here as the quality of these print engines all exceed what most consumers ever thought could be achieved compared to screen printing.
Your right the main objective is making money, if the 1900 is really 2 1/2 times faster or even 50% faster that can really make a difference in the bottom line.

Since I'm doing my due diligence on which DTG Printer to buy or sell my soul to..lol, I guess I overlooked the speed factor.

How will a 1900 based printer last compared to a 4880 based?

·
Premium Member
4,204 Posts
Am I correct in decoding All Americans post that Belquettes post did not address the difference in print engine and that is the biggest attribute of the 4880 over the 1800/1900? Things written a little more plainly for the new guy would be appreciated :)
If we used an 1800/1900 as is, yes, the 48xx series is more robust. But, when we strip away the vast majority of the Epson product and build it up with our components, it's no longer an 1800/1900, this gives it a longer life. We have added parts where they need to be added and taken away what is useless. The Epson is now only a shell of what it was before. Our 4800 based machine is a 4800 as is with some modifications made to it. I know the VelociJet is either an 1800 or a 1900, depending on when it was manufactured. I don't know what is done to it, but on ours, the system still runs with high quality.

Take a look at users of the Mod1 on these forums and they will tell you the same thing, the prints are awesome. Not every 1800/1900 machine is created the same way, but they all should have capabilities of printing extremely high resolution prints.

·
Premium Member
4,204 Posts
I'm not trying to pit our machine against any other, what I'm trying to bring clarity to the conversation is the fact that the 1800/1900 print engine is faster than the 48xx based systems, yet can still attain very high quality. We know this because we have manufactured both 1800/1900 systems as well as 4800 systems.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
my opinion on the topic. i went to each facility when i was inmarket for DTG both good machines but i went with Neoflex for these reasons. Customer service is our family. quality of print is the best(most of DTG awards have gone to people with neoflex), ease of use and versatility. i can print anything up to 17 x 42. the print speed isnt the fastest but with its long print bed you unload a shirtwhile its already moving to the next shirt start drying and reload another. so continuous workflow with no down time. MAintenance super easy. The cost is not really that much more than veloci after you think about ink cost, waste of ink from having clogs. 98% of the time i do a nozzle check and im good to go, whenyou have clogs you start to waste a lot of money in ink. And i will repeat customer service, than answer your call anytime with actuall people that know the answer. I would pay 10k a year for service like that, its better than insurance.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.