T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to take a second to drop some info from my experience on the Neo 800. I waited a while to make a post because my experience with the Neo 2 was not exactly the best. I will just say that Peter took care of us and we now have the Neo 800 in our shop and it works great!!

I have not had any major errors or misprints on the new Neo 800 so far. The only time I get an error on the 800 is when I do something wrong. The operating system is a little different than the Neo 2, but in a good way. This machine seems much simpler than the Neo 2. Overall, it seems like AA worked out all of the bugs from the Neo 2 and called it the Neo 800. Which is great. The insides of the machine are a little different but much more simple. Less gadgets and hardware. Simpler circuit boards and ribbon cable placement. Inks and cartridges are the same.

Interested to hear feedback from anyone else with a Neo 800. Drop a comment.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Main differences Neo P800/2 are:

1) P800 is better print engine than 3880
2) Printer housing is mechanically better, more ridged, cables runs are better mounted - much more secure
3) Paper wheel/encoder mounted in separate area away from ink
4) Custom ASF sensor/mount
5) Updated electronic control boards/firmware
6) Base unit beefed up, updated motors and control boards.

As most know the NeoFlex line of printers are built like tanks, very solid and will last a long time.
An issue that other manufacturers might have is the life-time of a particular printer. Epson changes their
printer designs and technology improves thus a printer now may be obsolete in 5 years. AllAmerican
has designed for this by allowing future printers to be used on your existing base unit. This is now true
for all NeoFlex machines. Thus is you have DreamJet/Neo1/Neo2 you can upgrade to P800 printer and
any future printer that AllAmerican makes available.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.