T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am embrodering Hats and for some reason our Black thread and the needle its running keep breaking on these caps there from outdoor caps and they have the plastic wire mesh inside the hats does anyone know the proper settings for doing such hats as the speed and if there are other needles you need? We have the SWF 1501C

·
Registered
97 Posts
Andre I had the same problem. My solution was a different brand hat. I also stay away from structured caps as much as possible, and I fill that it is not the mechine, P.S.I have a Neo.

·
Registered
9,394 Posts
we use sharp point titanium on caps.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Is black sewing first, sewing closest to the brim?

To deal with difficult caps:

Slow machine speed
Start design slightly off center
Move start of design away from brim
Use 80/12 needle

If you're running a single head and have extra room between the hat and the frame you can use a tweezer to hold down hat material to get starter without breaking a needle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone for your Replies I ordered some 80/12 titaniums so I hope that works I love embroidering and am learning its a work of art so thank you again for all your help has anyone ever used the corel embroidery software its under Wilcom DecoStudio e1

·
Registered
7 Posts
Jennifer,

I know this is an old post but do you have any suggestions for embroidering on Pacific style structured baseball hats? We have a customer wanting a bunch of these and we keep getting thread breaks. The backing of the hat is almost a plastic woven material. Thanks for any help you might can give.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts