T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I need some guidance on what to charge for some shirts. I have a customer that wants a name on the front, a big 3 colors design on back of the shirt. To do this design I will have to press the shirt 3 or 4 times. I have to create the design, cut it out, and then press. She is ordering 19 shirts. My cost for the project is $200 dollars. That includes the shirts and the vinyl, nothing else. I was thinking of charging her $25 dollars for adult shirts and $20 dollars for youth shirts. Which would come out to $450. But I am afraid that may be too much.

I think I would like some guidance on what I should be charging for shirts....and just set the price and move on. Is $20 dollars a shirt fair? If the shirt is just a one color design out of vinyl that I have to create, cut, weed, and heat press on? I usually make my design for a tshirt 12x12.

Recently I have charged a $20 set up fee to do the design.

In the fall when I was making football mom shirts: with glitter vinyl and rhinestones. I would charge $30 dollars for the shirt. $25 with no rhinestones. $20 for youth shirt.

Also I have a customer that wants me to do a design, cut it out, and heat press it on shirts he provides. How much should I charge him since he is providing the shirts?

I look forward to hearing yalls suggestions and comments.

All my tshirt designs are done with vinyl (plain, glitter, etc) that I design, cut, weed, and heat press on the shirt. I usually order my tshirts from blankshirt.com (they usually cost anywhere from $3-$6 each), I get my vinyl from a whole sale company (usually costs me anywhere from $3-$5 for a 12x20 sheet...so i have left over vinyl but just a small strip...I have not found a use for these scrape pieces), and I order my rhinestones off ebay or a whole sale store (these cost me around $15 per 10 gross).

Thank you again.

· Registered
2 Posts
You ever tried Transfers? For small order custom jobs this could be an option for you. All you need is a Heat press. This will possibly save you time and money. I sell a lot of custom shirts, though our minimum is 24 garments. I would think this would give your customer sticker shock. Just a suggestion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.