T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a decent 15x15 heat press, I see them on eBay or amazon anywhere from $200 on up, I already have made one mistake buying a cheap one on eBay, I am buying most of my transfers from Art Brands and my question is are their presses or other Mfgs really worth the extra $400, right now I have not made a t-shirt that I am satisfied with, we are a brick and mortar specialty sport shop (custom golf,skateboards,disc golf), so any thoughts and info would be a great help
Thanks
Emery :confused:

·
Administrator
14,656 Posts
are their presses or other Mfgs really worth the extra $400, right now I have not made a t-shirt that I am satisfied with
I think that says it all. The extra $400 will get you a Hix or Hotronix, etc. and if you search the forum on those brands you won't find one complaint. They are built like tanks and will last you 10+ years easily.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I have a stahls mighty press that has never let me down and it travels. It doesnt have all the bells and whistles but it is dependable and thats what counts. Art Brands make very good transfers so if you are having problems printing please explain the situation. You can also post a pic of the transfer as that might help find your answers.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm been shopping for quite a bit and finally couldn't wait anymore and ordered one from Josh at Imprintables. I still think if you aren't in a rush you can find a good deal on a used brand name. I setup a search for (hix,, hotronix,, stahl,, phoenix,, mighty) under printing and graphic arts and it really helped to weed out the fake brands. Here is a couple that look promising.

Stahl's Hotronix Clam Design Heat Press 16X20 automatic - eBay (item 310074844679 end time Aug-19-08 15:07:54 PDT)

STAHLS MIGHTY 15x15 HEAT PRESS w/TIMER + FREE SHIPPING! - eBay (item 320286874163 end time Aug-21-08 12:15:02 PDT)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts