T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing some Vector (I think) clip art. I'm looking for footballs, baseballs, cheerleader, drill team stuff. I am waiting for my Corel Draw to be delivered. Where can I locate or purchase a bunch of these types of clip art? I also want flowers and such too.
Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yeppers, I'm a newbie.

Kimberly

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Corel Draw comes with a lot of clipart / vector. Vector is usually needed for cutting the lines in the art and also allows enlargement with out loss of quality. However you might check out Great Dane Graphics for some high quality cool art work, however not vector. Corel has a good tracing program built in but a bit of a learning curve to convert bitmap to vector, works great for some items depending on the quality of the original.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Few things to keep in mind with Corel Draw --

It's definitely a great vector editor - but can sometimes have issues opening complex vectors created in Adobe Illustrator (.ai or .eps file extensions).

Like spiderx1 said, there's lots of great vector art that comes with the program, and you can also find lots of sites on the web that sell vector art (google "vector stock art" to find a bunch).

If you can find artwork that's specifically designed for screen printing/vinyl graphics or designed for Corel you'll generally have an easier time importing and using it.

Hope that helps! Congrats on the new purchase!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a great vector product for an affordable price that will work with illustrator or corel draw. The posts earlier make a good point though that corel will have limitations with file sizes. If you are just getting started with graphic design it is a great program but over time you might find that you will prefer adobe illustrator. Hope this helps! Reviation Maximum Pack Over 3420 Images 3 DVD's & - Training Tutorials

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you do a general search on Google for "vector images", or something of that nature, it will lead you to TONS of free, copyright free, vector art. That's what I did and now have a ton of them, and I'm just starting out. I have also shopped at Half Priced books (don't know where you are in the country) and found them on disk for under $10 & $5 with hundreds, even thousands of images. Many of them are simple line images. I have already found dozens that will be of good use to me, as i do a lot of work with my local high school. I was looking for band, music notes, music instruments, drill team, cheer leaders, sports, etc, as well. Try that route, you may be surprised at what you can find at a VERY reasonable price.

Good luck!

·
Registered
55 Posts
ActionArtClub
We have enrolled in their month program its only 30 dollars a month, you get 40 downloads. Hard to beat ;) good vectors for cutting or printing. They have templates, which if you download their Corel add-on software (free), you can change the text in seconds!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts