T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum:

I would like some input on this image I put together with AI and Photoshop. The question is, is this file ready for halftone output? I'm not outputting the film myself, my local screen print supplier will and burn the screen. I have designed and printed cmyk on my press before, but this is my first one color (black ink on light color and white ink and dark color t-shirts) halftone prints for my friend's dad auto shop. The image of the transmission was downloaded in high-res, cropped in Photoshop.That's all. Hope to hear from the community.

Marlon

Attachments

· Registered
1,534 Posts
This is not really set up correctly and the image is rather messy. It looks like it used to be halftones but was converted to soft fuzzy grayscale and now you wish to print it as halftones again. It's going to produce some kind of moire pattern because you're halftoning halftones. Also, the areas that should be solid black are soft and fuzzy. That soft fuzziness will product dots which means the "black" lines around the art will also be dots.

The text is also not right. It should be a single spot color. All of the art should be assigned to a single spot color. I don't know how much your printer knows about it but I suppose the print shop art dept can handle this. You just should know that the art is imperfect. The image will be dots everywhere including the black outlines, and most likely with an odd moire pattern.

· Registered
3,095 Posts
This is opening for me with the whole design being an RGB bitmap. For best one color printing results, the type should be vector and the transmission should be a high resolution grayscale image. It's important that the original you started with be in high resolution, not converted from low res.

If I were printing this, I would probably work with the transmission and vectorize the solid black areas so they will print with clean edges rather than being part of the halftone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.