T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know anything about t-shirts, but does anyone know where I can find similar t-shirt to these, to buy in bulk:

American Apparel Sustainable Edition Men's T-Shirt
100% Organic Combed Cotton

I like the thickness and quality of these t-shirts, but I don't understand what combined cotton is or what to look for that's similar. If someone can point me in the right direction I would be so so grateful. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Combed and Ringspun mean it will feel soft. Do you really want the Organic aspect? Those will cost more ... and I'm not sure if they are currently being made or are in stock. Google TSC Apparel, they have USA Made American Apparel shirts (which may be from before the bankruptcy and Gildan buyout last year ... not sure). I'm sure some other distributors are carrying the new Made Somewhere NOT Named The USA shirts.

If you live in a state with a sales tax, you will need a resale license, or whatever your state calls it, to buy from wholesalers like TSC.

Another brand you might consider is Next Level Apparel. Their 3600 shirt is probably the best copy of the AA 2001.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
so is combed cotton thicker feeling? and ring spun cotton is lighter?
Neither necessarily has anything to due with thickness; they are just processes used in making the yarn. But ringspun yarn is stronger, so fine yarns pretty much have to be ringspun.

Fabric weight, measured as ounces per square yard of fabric, along with the gauge (thickness) of the yarn/threads gives you an idea of how heavy and thick the fabric is. Thread size is given in a number like "32 singles" where the larger the number, the finer the threads. Finer threads lead to a softer feel. Thicker threads lead to a coarser but thicker feel.

Typical AA or Next Level shirt would be 4.3oz and 32 Singles. A heavy shirt like a Hanes Beefy-T would be 6.1oz.

Lots to read on this forum, plus just plain old Google. Research the terminology so you understand the specs when shopping for samples.

The shirt you were interested in should be the same cut and style as the 2001, just made with organic cotton instead of regular cotton.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.