T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Way back in 2010 or 2011 a woman was on the forums here looking for vinyl scraps. Now I can't find her post, and I can't find the message she sent me with her address. Does anyone remember that thread or know who this woman is so I can get rid of this stuff?

I tried searching through my threads but it won't go back far enough.

· Registered
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I think that's her. I sent her a PM so hopefully she'll get back to me.

I did look at both of those threads and for some reason didn't read down far enough to find her, but she's in both of them.

· Registered
459 Posts
I take mine to Hospice thrift store and they use it for crafts at the nursing homes or I will take it to the local pre schools the kiddies love it when I walk in with a box of scraps

· Registered
2,273 Posts
I'd just give it to a local school or church that has an afterschool care center. Many of them have a small consumer cutter like Cricut, or a manual die-cutting machine. Would save you the hassle and costs of packing it up and shipping.

The posts above show the best of intentions, but it's important to remember some vinyl, particularly the older variety, contains phthalates and should not be given to children to use directly without adult supervision. Vinyl on a sheet can present a serious choking hazard for children under 3, who may peel off pieces and try to eat it. I would personally not donate it to pre-schools, as there are other more age-appropriate groups for it.

· Registered
5 Posts
Way back in 2010 or 2011 a woman was on the forums here looking for vinyl scraps. Now I can't find her post, and I can't find the message she sent me with her address. Does anyone remember that thread or know who this woman is so I can get rid of this stuff?

I tried searching through my threads but it won't go back far enough.
If you still have scrap vinyl I will converse with you about it..I have been trying to find some, and it seems nobody is getting rid of theirs! lol [email protected]

· Registered
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I moved 4 years ago, and packed in such a hurry that I lost all of the parts to my cutter. Last year, I found the screws to it in a DVD case! Last week, I was moving some boxes and heard a strange rattle, so I looked inside and found all of my blades! Now that I've moved the cutter to a room far, far away from my computer, I have the parts needed to get back into the business of cutting vinyl.

I had a whole box of scraps that I tossed when I moved. I will keep your information for future reference.

· Registered
5 Posts
are you suggesting 6 inch pieces, 8 inch pieces and smaller? The reason for my inquiry is I have a Cameo Silhouette..I need vinyl to practice with, so I dont waste money on good vinyl. If you dont have use for yours, what better way for me to practice! Is your scraps suitable for this purpose? Thank you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.