T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I recently decided to try my hand at making T's and had a chance to grab a Drytac 2525 for $100 so I figured I'd give it a shot considering it's a $1000+ machine. It's a professional press not made for shirts but made for mounting and laminating canvas transfers in artwork. It's 25x25 though so I jumped on the opportunity in case I can get it to work! Low risk for the price. My problem is that it only goes up to 250F in temperature. I see that most people run their transfers at 375ish though. Does anyone know what I could try to use for a time at 250? Even if it's a couple minutes, I'd be cool with that for now. Do you think it'll even get the job done??

Thanks

· Registered
2 Posts
Congrats on that great deal! Unfortunately the press is not made for what you are trying to do. We have heard of some tricks to get it up to 300 but we advise against it because you could shatter the glass if it gets too hot.The press does some amazing things with canvas and graphics, here is a link to some videos that show how to use it.

- 9. Hot Press Glass-Top Vacuum Press | Drytac

- Drytac

· Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for the misinformation. The metal press has not been sold new in many years and with out the distinction of HotPress or MetalPress the assumption was toward the product with more units out there. That being said, we have still seen serious damage when the heat is raised.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.