T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using 110 mesh screens, and I just started using speedball ink. I am having to go over the tshirt a bunch of times to get the image to show up, and then when I get the image on, the ink has run a bit and it looks terrible. I am really new to printing and need some help. Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thatgaltguy said:
I am using 110 mesh screens, and I just started using speedball ink. I am having to go over the tshirt a bunch of times to get the image to show up, and then when I get the image on, the ink has run a bit and it looks terrible. I am really new to printing and need some help. Any advice would be great.

Hi there Thatgaltguy, Nice to meet you.

I'm not familiar at all with speedball ink. We use Genesis series ink by Wilflex exclusively. Having said that I have a few questions before I can help.

1. Is speedball plastisol or water base?
2. What durometer squeegee are you using
3. What light source are you using to expose your screens
4. What is the thinnest line in you design...What point size

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your input. I found a person locally and they got me some plastisol. That speedball stuff is water based.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thatgaltguy said:
Thanks for your input. I found a person locally and they got me some plastisol. That speedball stuff is water based.
Glad to hear it. Plastisol is the way to go. Your new magic number is 320...Say it with me....3-2-0 degrees. That will keep you out of any trouble with plastisol.

Get some Heat strips and place them on the underside of the print.

Are you using a flash dryer to cure your shirts or a belt infrared dryer?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts