T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a client giving me 30 shirts. Including White, Light blue, Heather Grey and Royal Blue. These are all getting heat pressed. Would JPSS be able to handle the grey and royal blue?

And, the character has some blue in him, will this show up on the blue shirts? Also the character i am pressing has white eyes, what should i do about this since some of the shirts are colors?

I have a feeling im using jpss on the white and 3g opaque on the colors, even the light blue?

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
you better try the opaques on just ONE to make sure your client likes it...personally I would not use but that is just my personal perference. Have you thought about outsourcing to a DTG.. The problems in getting this right the first time is why I never use client provided garments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i showed her a sample using the 3g opaque on a black shirt. But the shirts are going to be sold to kids so the heavy hand of the paper does not matter, the question is can i use JPSS on all these colors? Will the white of the characters eyes print? or will it be the same color as the shirt? Will the black, red, and green show up using JPSS on the royal blue, heather grey, and light blue?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
well i showed her a sample using the 3g opaque on a black shirt. But the shirts are going to be sold to kids so the heavy hand of the paper does not matter, the question is can i use JPSS on all these colors? Will the white of the characters eyes print? or will it be the same color as the shirt? Will the black, red, and green show up using JPSS on the royal blue, heather grey, and light blue?
So kids don't care if the hand of the shirt is horrible???

Does your printer print white????

More thought needs to go into your product, and a lot more research is needed by you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well there is no way to heat transfer onto dark without having a heavy hand from the opaque paper, so that automatically makes it horrible? And no my printer does not print white.

What i want to know is can i use jpss on royal blue and heather grey so i can get a soft hand. Will the color show up?

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
no the colors will not show up as they do on white....they will be muted and I believe JPSS will be like some other papers (I don't use JPSS) but put a blue color on yellow and you will get green?

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Also on a royal blue which is pretty dark, the image may not show up well with those colors. The rule of thumb is if the ink is lighter then the shirt it will not show up with a light transfer paper. And yes the eyes will be the color of the shirt if they are that color on the transfer.

·
Registered
299 Posts
You can use the dark for a kid's shirt they are not going to know the difference, you may have to contour cut unless image is in a box.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Oh and I think jpss will work for all those except maybe the royal blue, I used it on fusia and it worked.
Do you have any spare shirts to check, that's the best way.

·
Registered
299 Posts
One more thing, if you are pressing on 100% cotton let it cool off before you peel or you will lift ink off if you hot peel. The factory rep told me this and it works much better when I cold peel. I asked him why they didn't change the instructions and he doesn't know.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yeah I use parchment paper, also have teflom but I don't thick that affects the gloss because print is face down, you have to mirror the image in your printer. it only affect with opaque paper.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Seriously, don't even think about trying to use JPSS on a royal blue shirt. It may work on the gray either unless it's a really light gray. And the light blue is likely not going to show up on a light blue shirt.

For the sake of consistency, use an opaque paper on all of them if they are all going to have the same design. I don't use opaques much (don't like 'em) but when I do, I use Ironall for darks. But do your research, and make sure you're using the right ink.

Also, I would suggest you buy some shirts, and get your r & d done before you take any more orders.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea im going to use the opaque on anything other then white bc the characters eyes are white and she wants them to show. i did the r&d before she placed the order, but this was an opaque transfer on black, so she knows what the feel is like. Also using a epson r1900 with pigment inks from here nanodigitalink.com (these inks are great 3rd inks if someone is looking).

Thanks guys

1 - 15 of 15 Posts