T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I hope some of the more experienced users could maybe help me out. well i am new to all this, and me and my friend have decided to set up our own t-shirt printing design company, and have been researching on machines and options. We were first going to get them printed but then decided to do it ourselfs and save on costs.

We have researched around for machines and have only come across this one Semi-Pro Complete Screen Printing Kit and wanted to get views from others on this form, we were considering to add the micro registration clamps.

Do people on this form have experience with this machine and is it recommended? or are their better alternatives? any feedback on this and any other useful information would be helpful

regards
Isi

·
Registered
612 Posts
That is a good beginner package. I started with something similar to that and than used the money I made to upgrade to better stuff.

One word of caution, if you are buying a screenprinting setup because you are interested in printing...awesome! Go ahead and do it. It is a ton of fun. If you are buying a setup to save money, really investigate that deeper. Most of the time it will be cheaper to sub the jobs out, especially in the beginning. There is a definite learning curve to printing, it is not as easy as they make it look on YouTube. You will ruin a lot of shirts learning to get a real pro look. There is also tons of stuff you end up buying to support the printing that never seems to end.

Good luck!
Nick

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I agree...do a little research and think hard about printing the designs yourself....this package is what I started with , except I have the silver 4 color 2 station press...at first I loved the press..and wasnt long before I was printing shirts..but if you think you will be printing high end full color designs with this press...think again.....this press is made for spot color , simple work....I purchased my press 1 yr ago and learned everything I know from youtube and this forum(thanks to all who put up with my billions of questions)and it wasnt long before I was doing 1 color , 2 color and 3 color spot work for companies and myself...once I started doing full color work thats where I wished I would have saved a little more money and got a better quality press and at least 6 colors.......ok enough ranting.... if all you want to do is print your basic spot color simple designs this press will work fine......

Inked

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the replies, in terms of options, what other machine would be available at that sort of budget range?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts