T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am about to take a plunge of buying the new craft robo silhouette. its a 8.5 inch cutter. i want it specifically for short run of dark t shirts using coastal business papers 3g opaque.reason i want to purchase this is because of the optical eye. i have a 24 inch plotter but no optical eye.so i need some advise on this one any comment would be greatly appreciated.

cut length maximum on a 8.5 by 11 sheet of paper. and what transfer tape do u use with the 3g paper

· Registered
652 Posts
I have the Graphtec 15" CE5000-40 Craft Robo Pro and I can only comment on it. Other than what seems like normal quirks of working with cutters (careful how big your image is because you can't put the registration marks to close to the edge.) It is a good unit.

· Registered
652 Posts
Also if you are only doing it for a short run... you might look at the US Cutter unit (24LP?) that does manual registration with a laser.

It is not AS easy as optical but costs about the same and cuts much larger than 8.5.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also if you are only doing it for a short run... you might look at the US Cutter unit (24LP?) that does manual registration with a laser.

It is not AS easy as optical but costs about the same and cuts much larger than 8.5.
i have a 24 inch p cut from them could never get it to print and cut properly. the maximum size i want is 8.5 by 14 but i cant seem to find a transfer paper for that size print. as mentioned before i am only using for small runs under 15 t shirts. i have a nice little screen printing setup. for over 25 t shirts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.