T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very new to the t-shirt business and could use some advice! I am having issues with transfering my company logo to the shirt. I am using JPSS paper, Armur Ink with my Epson C120. It doesn't seem to matter what the temp. is or how long I press for, the ink just doesn't transfer all the way. I'll get some ink transferring on but for the most part, it stays on the paper. Can anyone give me some advice on how to fix this or tell me why it's happening? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a SwingMan 15x15. At first I thought it was the paper so I bought some of the JPSS. Then I started thinking it could be the ink but as far as I know Armur Ink is pretty decent. I'm at a loss as to why so much ink is staying on the paper. I've increased the heat and the time and it doesn't seem to make a difference. IDK. I've tried some plastisol samples and they come out pretty good (again, I'm still learning so if they don't come out great, I know it's user error) but they still come out pretty good. I'd appreciate any and all advice!!

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
It's a SwingMan 15x15. At first I thought it was the paper so I bought some of the JPSS. Then I started thinking it could be the ink but as far as I know Armur Ink is pretty decent. I'm at a loss as to why so much ink is staying on the paper. I've increased the heat and the time and it doesn't seem to make a difference. IDK. I've tried some plastisol samples and they come out pretty good (again, I'm still learning so if they don't come out great, I know it's user error) but they still come out pretty good. I'd appreciate any and all advice!!
Hi Wendy,

I know the feeling and the fraustration when transfers of any kind don't work.

But, there has to be a reason for it. Im not an expert in the bubble or lazer jet transfers (Im guessing thats what you are using), and I think there are board members here that work for that brand that may step in soon and give you a hand.

Meanwhile, i would say cut up the transfers you are having problems with into small parts and continue testing various heat settings, pressure and press times to see if you hit it spot on.

Another thing and it does happen now and then is that the actual transfer paper is old.

Of course your best resource to fix the problem would be to contact the company that makes the paper directly and get help. :) ....assuming your heat press is working fine.

:

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Mr. David!!!!!! Good to see you, sir! :)

Hi Wendy,

What kind of shirt are you pressing onto? Is it 100 cotton, 50/50?

Also, I don't think you mentioned what temp and time you are actually pressing at... what are your settings?

Pressure?? What is your pressure set for? For JPSS it should be Med-Heavy (lean toward heavy). Is that an issue that can be fixed?

For age, I dunno, the JPSS has only been out for about a year, so not sure how 'old' any stock of JPSS could be to fail for that, but then of course, anything is possible.

I agree that the press can likely be the culprit, but when you say your plastisols transfer successfully, that decreases the chances the press is heating unevenly, and increases the chances that it is the pressure, the paper or the shirt itself causing failure.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Could be many of the things mentioned, but I was surprised to see how much pressure it takes for somethings to transfer well. My gut says not enough pressure or maybe some combination of not peeling quick enough for hot peel or waiting the correct amount for cold peel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.