T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening to all, my issue is that I can't afford a brand new printer for sublimation at this moment but I came across this WF 7510 that uses regular ink and is in good shape. I been reading and watching videos of people purging this printers and converting them to dye sub. I want to know realistically if this can be achieved with success and if it is. Any link with information on how to do it properly will be greatly appreciate it.

·
Administrator
15,478 Posts
It's as simple as an ink cartridge swap. Take out the old cartridges and replace them with cartridges filled with sublimation ink.

There are also continuous ink systems for this printer that you can install. It turns your printer into an Ecotank, kinda.

Numerous suppliers of ink and cartridges. Many here use cobraink.com.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's as simple as an ink cartridge swap. Take out the old cartridges and replace them with cartridges filled with sublimation ink.

There are also continuous ink systems for this printer that you can install. It turns your printer into an Ecotank, kinda.

Numerous suppliers of ink and cartridges. Many here use cobraink.com.
Thank you!! So it does not affect the printer that is going to be sublimation ink instead of the old regular ink?? Thanks again :)

·
Administrator
15,478 Posts
Thank you!! So it does not affect the printer that is going to be sublimation ink instead of the old regular ink?? Thanks again :)
There are 10's of thousands of Epsons printing sublimation ink instead of the ink that is recommended by the printer.

Once you switch cartridges, the printer will do head cleaning which should get rid of most of your old ink left in the printer. You may have to print a couple of sheets before the old ink is completely gone and the sublimation ink prints.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
let us know how the pressed colors do with no icc needed
Ink and cartridges arrived today for my wf7510. Filling the cartridges was super easy. I dropped the cartridges into the printer. Directions said to run 5 cleaning cycles to prime the cartridges, that seemed like way overkill to me. I ran 2 then did a nozzle check. Nozzle check was perfect. So I did a test print. I forgot to mirror it but I went ahead and pressed it any way. I did not use sublimation paper, I used cheap copy paper and pressed it on a 100% polyester wash cloth that I got 4 for $1 at Dollar Tree. I did a right click on the file in file explorer and selected print. I did not use a ICC profile or make any color adjustments. I love it. I should have done this long ago.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
thanks for the update, looks good
you can also try monkeying with saturation levels
all the best on your new venture

here is another test pic that has some more grey scales in it if you want it for your testing
(just right-click and then 'save as'):

Smile Head Hairstyle Photograph Eye

·
Registered
30 Posts
thanks for the update, looks good
you can also try monkeying with saturation levels
all the best on your new venture

here is another test pic that has some more grey scales in it if you want it for your testing
(just right-click' and then 'save as'):
Need to get some smooth polyester items. The weave pattern on the washcloth makes it hard to tell what the colors will look like on a smooth substrate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ink and cartridges arrived today for my wf7510. Filling the cartridges was super easy. I dropped the cartridges into the printer. Directions said to run 5 cleaning cycles to prime the cartridges, that seemed like way overkill to me. I ran 2 then did a nozzle check. Nozzle check was perfect. So I did a test print. I forgot to mirror it but I went ahead and pressed it any way. I did not use sublimation paper, I used cheap copy paper and pressed it on a 100% polyester wash cloth that I got 4 for $1 at Dollar Tree. I did a right click on the file in file explorer and selected print. I did not use a ICC profile or make any color adjustments. I love it. I should have done this long ago.

View attachment 272252
Question...I have the 7510 and I cannot find the right empty cartridge. mine where did you buy yours? my cartridge has 2 hole in the bottom the one I received has 1 hole and 1 area with what looks like a magnet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts