T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and sincerely seeking some advice from the veterans out here to help in starting my T-shirt printing and selling venture.

I'm a graphic designer and have been toying with the idea of starting my own T-shirts label. Hope you ladies and gentlemen out here are able to share your experience and give me some pointers and guidance.

My first decision is to DIY print or to outsource.

As I'm starting out with limited fund. I'd like to have more designs than more quantities. I've searched around and it is rather expensive to print a single design for a small quantity. Now, I'm contemplating if I should invest in a used printer and thus I can print as many design as I like. Read around and seems that heat transfer printing method is more economical for initial investment. I'd need only a heat press and transfer papers. As I'm starting out, I'm trying to minimise the cost in case the venture failed and the loss will not be an ache to the pocket. What will be your advice?

2nd question is.. to design/market T-shirts with theme or without a specific theme. I've surf around and see most sites sell T-shirts revolving a Theme. Funny, Horror, cartoonist.. etc.. is it easier to sell when you have a theme or is it easier to sell a varieties of T-shirts without a specific theme?

3rd question is pricing and quality. Is it more appealing to customers when you have a lower price and okay quality or it is more appealing to customers when you sell a GOOD quality at a higher price? have you guys try to stretch your price and found out the ceiling price?

4th question is a bit sensitive perhaps.. how many t-shirts do your sites sell per month on average? How much can a T-shirt selling site earn?

This will be my first business venture and pardon me if I asked too many questions which appear too simple for veterans.

Appreciate your time taken to read till so far and hope to hear your input and advice soon.

Thanks and Regards
Sarsi

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Twin and Rq for the replies. I'm still roughing out to start with limited funds. I wanted to have my own label carrying a varieties of fashion apparel and targeting the high end market. I'm finding some feasible ways to start economically to test the market. Design comes easily for me but getting my hands on printing and the business/marketing aspects take some experience and learning. Though I've read the different kinds of printing but I still do not have any ideas how the output of different printing methods look like. Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.