T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in need of info on where and how to sell my artwork for graphic tee's, to big companies in new york city? how much do i charge, etc, etc....THE REASON WHY I ASKED IS BEACUSE MY ARTWORK WAS PITCHED FOR MADONNA'S CLOTHING LINE (MG) WHICH WILL HIT 800 MACY'S NATIONWIDE THIS COMING JUNE 2010
BUT, I FEEL THAT THEY WANT TO BUY ME OUT FOR CHEAP, THATS WHY I NEED REFERALS IN NYC WHERE I CAN TRY TO SELL MY ARTWORK IN A FORM OF A CONTRACT WITH ROYALTY RIGHTS OR A LUMP SUM AND SOME RECOGNITION, PLZ HELP, TO ANYONE OUT THERE IN NYC WILLING TO TAKE A CHANCE ON THE NEXT BEST THING PLZ CONTACT ME ASAP, THANKS!!! EDDY420NYC:D

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Hey Eddy.

When selling your artwork you can either use a Work For Hire agreement or a Licensing agreement.

With a work for hire agreement, you are doing the artwork for them basically as an employee. The ownership of the artwork usually transfers to the company paying for it. You would get paid however it is agreed upon, but it's usually a lump sum.

With a licensing agreement, the artwork remains your property and you license other companies to use it for a specified period of time. You would get paid a license fee plus royalties.

When dealing with large companies, it's probably more lucrative to use a licensing agreement.

My advice would be to get some representation. There are attorneys and agencies that specialize in brand licensing, and can help you deal with companies and sell your artwork.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts