T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some parts for an older hopkins manual press need 2 of the pieces that the X, Y axis turnbuckles are attached to. I can send you a picture of what I need. I have not figured out how to post a pic with this post as of yet. or I can be contacted via phone @ 770-256-8520 Thanks Ric

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually... they no longer stock the parts I need as it is a older press. Just wonderi9ng is anybody here has tried putting riley hopkins parts on a older hopkins press? Are the parts interchangeable? They look really similar online but I don't want to spent the money to but a complete head if it does not fit.

· Registered
296 Posts
How old is your press??? I have a REALLY old Hopkins International & Chris said they have all the parts unless it was the original casting of the print head. All bolts and stuff are readily available. If it ever breaks a print head, I'll have to upgrade to the newer style. I saw the newer Riley Hopkins heads are almost the spitting image of mine and was wondering the same thing. They are 1/10th of the price compared to BWM-Hopkins....

· Registered
4 Posts
Mclogans in Los Angeles usually has old parts for these machines

im also looking for a part too does anyone know where i can find a PLASTIC SLEEVE BEARING that is in the middle or the big shaft holding everything together CHRIS at BWM said that part no longer exists
and the guy making that part got sick not making them anymore dammmmmmmmmmmm
what do i do? lol i dont know how to post a picture on here yet as im new to this page
any help is appriciate it julian

· Registered
3 Posts
i have a old 6 and 4 hopkins and a workhorse mach 8 and 8 that im building and there are a lot of parts that are interchangeable. the heads are almost identical and the center shaft and bearings are the same. i needed to fab a bracket for the mach to hold a hopkins head but everything lined up. look for old workhorse parts. they seem to be a bit more obtainable.

· Registered
1 Posts
i have a old 6 and 4 hopkins and a workhorse mach 8 and 8 that im building and there are a lot of parts that are interchangeable. the heads are almost identical and the center shaft and bearings are the same. i needed to fab a bracket for the mach to hold a hopkins head but everything lined up. look for old workhorse parts. they seem to be a bit more obtainable.
Hi savage

I’m attempting to upgrade a 6/1 workhorse to 6/4 and wanted to know where you are obtaining parts?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.