T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I do plastisol transfers for the shirts I design, but I have always used (these last 4 years) a DTG guy to help me with prototypes and shirts that I don't have transfers made for yet. I'd like to find someone who offers a similar service/price as my original guy, but I know that he was pretty cheap and very easy going. He's taking a break from printing right now and I at least need a backup guy.

Here is was I used to be getting-

-$9 for a economy (gildan 2000) shirt. 12x14 image. Light or dark garment.
-He'd drop ship them for me at a reasonable price
-He charged me like $1-2 more for nicer shirts. ($11 = AA 2001), $4 more for a 2 sided print and like $2 or $3 more for up to a 20" tall print.

I have never really needed to look around at other people for prices. He contacted me right when I was getting started and I have never looked back since. The only downside to this guy was that I am on the West coast and he was East. So shipping to my regulars was always a bit more pricey.

Anyway, will I have a hard time finding someone who would do similar pricing? I did like his KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) attitude toward pricing. Same price for both light and dark garments.

Anyway, PM me if you do DTG. Reply if you have any words of wisdom. I might like to try to find a guy in WA if all other things are equal. I need a couple shirts and hoodies made ASAP.

Joe

· Registered
2,857 Posts
Good for you, don't know how he stays in business.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using T-Shirt Forums

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, good news for me, he is staying in business... He will be back up in a month. Texted him and he said he just got tired from doing so many orders. His machine breaking was a vacation desired.

I also found someone else local who agreed to do similar pricing.

Amazing what you can find on the internet...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.