T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I need some help merging a graphic into my designs using paint shop pro 8.
Would this be a certain script I need to run?
I didn't find an import from file option so I don't know where to go from here.
This is my problem in short..
My back ground is finished but I can't add a different image to complete my design. It just opens another new file and the image I'm trying to merge is alone. "The background is erased" and I must start all over again.
Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated and very much welcomed.
Thank you,
Camie

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Have you tried opening both graphics in Paint Shop Pro, then using the COPY feature to copy the graphic you want merged and PASTING it into the source file (select paste as new selection/paste as new layer or paste as transparent image...whichever works best for what you're trying to do).

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I don't know the specifics of PSP, but this would be a basic layering job in Photoshop. Doesn't PSP have layers?

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
When you say it doesn't work, what does that mean?

What exact steps are you doing to get the graphic into the source image?

If you have image A and image B, and you want to put image A on top of image B, then you would just open image A AND image B in PSP.

Select image A and do a "copy" or "copy merged" if there is more than one layer in image A.

Once that image is copied and in your clip board, then you select image B and click Edit > Paste > Paste as New Layer (or control L) and you should see image A on top of image B. If you have the layer options toolbar open, you'll also see an additional layer added that you can manipulate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts