T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an ioline 300 and when we cut(usually vinyls, flocks etc) the blade leaves a little nick on the design where ever it lifts and then starts on the next section (or whatever) again. when we weed we cannot get a clean result. I know the blade drops a millisecond early to align the blade to cut, but this is what causes our problem, a lot of the time the nick is actually inside the the design (i.e. the letter B, the nick is on one of the inner areas of the letter). Is there something in software where we can pick our own drop/start point? Also, to help visualize better if you cut a simple rectangle, one side will have a little(but noticeable) nick or v shape cut missing after weeding where the blade starts. Use ioline 300 cut software and corel for design(hpgl output). we have SmartCutpro 2 also, i think we get the same problem but can't swear to it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I sold my Roland cutter. Purchased the Ioline 300. When I cut vinyl I have the same problem. I've tried different blades, played with the offset, speed and have talked to several people that own the Ioline. I've talked to Ioline and they've suggested different things to try. Nothing works. When we weed vinyl I keep an exacto knife handy for areas that don't cut properly.
If you find a solution to the problem I would like to know what it is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've had the same problem with my 300. I originally bought to cut applique and then the business changed directions and I ended up cutting alot of vinyl. No help from the tech people - did use a smaller blade holder (for the ioline 100) and then changed the offsets. On larger designs, you will get some wavy lines with the smaller blade holder. This helps some on smaller designs but the bottom line is that this is not a great vinyl cutter.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I spent some time with tech support from Ioline. They have been patient and helped me with my cutting problems. I was not able to cut twill, vinyl or rhinestone stencil material successfully. We discovered that my blade depth was too deep, pressure too light & speed too slow for vinyl & twill. I'm using Clean Cut blades.
This is my formula, so far, using a standard blade holder. I will be experimenting some more.
Twill- 30 blade, pressure at 1:00, speed 12:00
Vinyl- 45 blade, pressure at 11:30, speed 12:00
Stencil- 60 cobra blade, let more blade show, pressure 10:45 (LOL) Cut my circles twice.
I'm using blue Fast Weed 22 mil. I cut circles from 2.3mm to 5.0mm. The best part was that they are all round (not oval) and cut all the way through and was easy to weed.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I forgot to mention that I used the default settings for offset...etc
The settings are what I will experiment with more. Expecially the offset because I would prefer to cut once.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Sometimes these cutters will do this if the belts need to be adjusted, or replaced. If you send me your email address I can send you a PDF that explains how to do this, or you can give Ioline a call and they can walk you through it.

Best Regards.

·
Registered
600 Posts
They walked me through how to do a couple of adjustments. In my case the machine was fine. I was getting the wavey cuts because the blade was out too much for twill & vinyl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts