T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pregnant and want to stay away from plastisol so looks like I need water-based unless I'm not aware of another medium. I'll be doing around 300 blue shirts with orange ink front print and sleeve. Does anyone have some ink suggestions? I currently only have a heat press and am hoping that there is something out there that would be compatible w/ that (would speedball work?) I really appreciate any suggestions. So please SPAM me ;) I haven't screen printed in over 10 yrs so I know there is a lot out there that has changed.

TIA

· Registered
6,511 Posts
I use Speedball if I'm in a crunch, but I wouldn't recommend it. I also wouldn't recommend using a heat press while you're pregnant. Some are hard to pull down. If you have an auto open that okay, but otherwise have someone else operate the press.

I'm sure you've heard all the stories about pregnant woman doing physical labor, not just chemical oders. I had a good friend give birth at 5 and a half months. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Please don't take this wrong, but you're not Super Women.

I'm a loving Dad of a wonderful daughter, and only looking out for you, your baby and families best interest.

· Registered
199 Posts
I would suggest outsourcing this job to a contract printer. Contract printing isn't expensive, you should still have plenty of markup to put in your pocket....all you do is order the shirts, send it to them, and a few days later, they come to you printed and ready to go....A contract printer will have the correct tools for the job and the prints will most likely be of high-quality. And the best part is you can sit back and enjoy pregnancy..I know my wife sure did!

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, this is my 5th baby I'm used to working while pregnant, lol, and I know not to overdo it, thanks for the concern though. My press isn't that hard to operate so I'm not too worried about that. The standing on my feet for so long doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun though. Anyway, what about permaset ink? Anyone have experience with it? They claim you don't have to put a base layer with the supercover which would be nice. Also, how would you go about using the heat press to cure the print? Do you actually apply light pressure or do you set it to hover? Would a heat gun be better than a heat press? I also read that some people are flashing them with a heat gun and then putting them in the dryer for 30 min would that really work?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.