T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be attending our first event. I need ideas to set up a booth at the event. What is the best presentation or stuff that has worked for some of you in the past. If you have any suggestions on what not to do. Please let me know as well.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
The type of booth kind of depends on the sort of show. If it's a flea market thing outside, a tent might be a good option. For a trade show at a convention center, we've had a lot of success building our booth out of gridwall. It's very configurable, and sturdy, and reasonably light weight to ship (when compared to a truss). You can also get a lot of accessories, like waterfalls for hanging shirts. Folding tables are also a good idea. We have several six foot tables that fold in half. Makes them easier to transport.

·
Registered
558 Posts
We only do retail at shows and have used high density black wire shelving 6' X 6' X 24" and a 6' X 4' X 24" for a 10 foot booth. We fold the shirts over cardboard so just the design shows (ala Hot Topics tee wall) and hang them from the shelves and hide the stock behind and flip the shirts up to get the items. They really hold a lot. We do a big display on top with shirt coustumers Dress Form Mannequin Display Fixtures Descriptions and hats on styrofoam heads etc, our company sign, and the price list signs. I like counter height tables with a tall stool. Its so much easier as customers aren't leaning down over you and you aren't bending over to ring a sale. There's also great storage under there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great ideas. Thanks for the info. I am going to do a mock up in my garage before the event just get a feel of it.

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Great ideas. Thanks for the info. I am going to do a mock up in my garage before the event just get a feel of it.

It is a great idea to stage the booth before you take it to the show. We use one section of one of our buildings as a trade show staging area. This is where we try out new designs and figure out what goes in the booth and what comes out. Trying it out ahead of time has saved us from some disasters on show day. I highly recommend doing a dry run.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have made a few move able display stands out of wire shelving and pvc pipe to display my shirts and decals. It works great and is very easy to clean up and can display 8 shirts a piece. Then I have a book of a lot of my other designs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have made a few move able display stands out of wire shelving and pvc pipe to display my shirts and decals. It works great and is very easy to clean up and can display 8 shirts a piece. Then I have a book of a lot of my other designs.
Got any pics to get a better idea?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Got any pics to get a better idea?

Here is a quicl pic of them. Its just two wire shelves zip tied together and 1/2 inch PVC pipe zip tied to hold shirts. Place the shirt through the neck over the pvc pie and pull the bottom of the shirt back through the bottom area of the wire just above the next shirt. It looks sharp and to clean up just fold the unit and store. shirtdisplay.jpg

·
Registered
130 Posts
I believe Linty Fresh made a short video with some tips on setting up a booth for shows like that. Im sure if you do a little search on YouTube you can find it.

EDIT: Found it for you - [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDep9EX38Ik[/media]

Thank you! This vid was extremely helpful!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I sold my old swap meet shirt racks last year but they were totally easy to make and they worked really well considering the space I had. It was all made of cheap tin Ikea style pipe 3 different schedules. I made T's out of 6" pieces of the thickest and 24" pices of the thinnest pipe. then I put the medium thickness pices onto 18x18 plates and stacked the T pieces ont it. they swiveled at a 360 kind of like a poster display at a wal mart. With the 6 racks I was able to display almost 50 shirts both sides (which is a lot to put into a parking space) and it was pretty impressive looking for something i made. I have no pics but i tried to draw it out on ms paint crudely. I will post the crappy drawing in my pics if you want to have a look. Its really bad but you get the idea.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts