T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds dumb. BUT...I have a design that was made in CorelDraw 12. It is purple, black and white. Sounds simple enough. When I print it something is off. I get dots and text is missing. I think the printer is trying to do CMYK so I turned it off. No matter what combination of commands I use, it's not doing what I need. I know that I will need to make three screens - one for each color. BUT...How do I tell the printer to do that? I have an epson stylus photo 2200 with fast rip software from the screen printing institute. I know this hardware and software together should be able to print just about anything, but I am having difficulty figuring out how to do it! Can anyone out there help a newbie out?? :)

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I think I remember something about making sure that the text is converted to paths,curves or outlines.

Is the design a fully vector image?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a good question. I made it in CorelDraw 12. I thought all images were automatically converted to vector images in this program???

I am not a genius, but it seems to me that if I configured my file correctly the program and printer should convert my artwork to something I can make a screen out of.

The way it stands, I turned everything inside out (black to white and color to black)so I could make screens out of this 3 color image. It was a total nightmare, but I got it done. I would like to know for future reference how to do this the easy way....if there is an easy way!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't use corel but I assume there must be a separations option in the print menu somewhere (like illustrator)? This should allow you to split the 3 colours. The separations will come out on 3 sheets with black representing each color.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that sounds simple enough, but it is not the way it is. When I selected the separations, it wanted to print in cmyk and did not give me any other options. I searched the help topics on spot color and it did not give a solution either. I think this is why my initial print came out with dots (for cmyk). I know there is a way to do it and it is probably very simple but I haven't yet found it. Thank you for all your help! I appreciate your input.

·
Registered
3 Posts
but i think much better if your going to used illustrator or depend on you,, which software you feel comfortable to used corel or illustrator bought of them have a color separator..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts