T-Shirt Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have never had the same result using a Gildan shirts they just suck compared to a nice tightly woven premium garment. Gildan shirts also require twice the about of PT to get even a slightly acceptable print.. Maybe your Gildan shirts are different to what is available to the rest of the world.. And I agree with Mark about the above comments - What is your problem with him? he was just being helpful and stating different techniques that achieve awesome results

Cheers
Ryan

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Say what you will about your ring spun t's that's just fine and I know most of the DTG crowd likes to use them but you talking "crap" about Gildan Ultra 2000 t's is just an incorrect statement. Your comments about that are misleading. Just because you don't know how or can't get a good print on a Gildan Ultra doesn't mean that someone else can't.
This is true to some degree but at the end of the day most people will see a much better end result with less pretreat and less ink required on a ringspun shirt. I found a video that explains a little more:

https://youtu.be/Uu0P1s-vL2c?list=PL5428tHQF0xXywQF-q5jtQNUAYeXrR8Z8

·
Registered
843 Posts
Thanks. I finished the order yesterday. I pretreated the crap out of it and used level 3. I've advised the customer that they need to move to Anvil/LAT t-shirts, but I'm going to try your settings to see if they can avoid this.
Good to hear Dolores. There are at least 10 other brands of garments that will save you time, pretreat, white ink, etc., before you need to print on an inferior/cheap 'sweatshop' brands of garments.

Gildan garments are cheap, this improves your margins, but when you factor in the extra expenses to achieve greatness... all you're doing is 'shinning a turd'.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Well, if you two don't see the snarkiness and sarcasm in the last few "Gildans are crap" posts then I can't help you.

It's no secret that I use Gildan Ultra 2000 t's and ever since the NeoRIP/Digital Factory thread it's been all down hill. I get excellent results on the Gildans and i as well as my customers like them. You can talk about your successes all you like but when you make a blanket statement about products that I use and I find you to be wrong I am going to pipe up about it.

Maybe you get polished turd results way down under because you just don't know how to print them properly. Who knows. That's not my problem.

Oh yeah, and don't hand me that "innocent angel" crap 'cause I ain't buying it.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Well, if you two don't see the snarkiness and sarcasm in the last few "Gildans are crap" posts then I can't help you.

It's no secret that I use Gildan Ultra 2000 t's and ever since the NeoRIP/Digital Factory thread it's been all down hill. I get excellent results on the Gildans and i as well as my customers like them. You can talk about your successes all you like but when you make a blanket statement about products that I use and I find you to be wrong I am going to pipe up about it.

Maybe you get polished turd results way down under because you just don't know how to print them properly. Who knows. That's not my problem.

Oh yeah, and don't hand me that "innocent angel" crap 'cause I ain't buying it.

Geno, I'm disappointed with you. I stay focussed on the print. I move on from 'past internet hurts'. Quickly.

I print, I fail, I achieve, then I endeavour to educate others. Just trying to be helpful. ( That innocent angel) :rolleyes:

What I don't understand is why you don't show us this image printed on a Gildan shirt, using GC, step by step, to help out the OP?

What are your 'settings' procedure for printing Dolores's image on a Gildan tee? You say I can't do it? I just showed the OP how using GC! :rolleyes:

All round disappointed with your responses.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Oh, and you think I'm happy with yours? Why should I care what you think?

You've already shown us step by step (which I agree was very good) so why should I bother? You can be disappointed all you want, doesn't bother me any. It's your condescending attitude towards me that burns me the most.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Not as bad as your attitude. You really do crack me up though. I'm even laughing right now. Feel the love.
What is making me have a quiet 'snicker' to myself is that cow print you served up in that other thread. WT? Bold white on black garments was the essence of that thread. Did you miss that? Ha!

Now that was bordering on condescending, but mostly spoke with candour and a hint of humour. ;)

I think I've found an appropriate song for you Geno.

https://youtu.be/kCdjvTTnzDU

God love ya man.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I was only showing that bold white can be printed on a Gildan t. I didn't have any simple white lettering prints on black handy at the time.

Sorry you seem to have to target everything I do in here. I guess you must think I'm pretty awesome or something, not quite sure yet. If this the case then I say more power to you sir and yes, God does love me.

Sorry, don't have time to view your silly song. Thanks for taking the time to bother posting it though. :)

·
Registered
843 Posts
I was only showing that bold white can be printed on a Gildan t. I didn't have any simple white lettering prints on black handy at the time.

Sorry you seem to have to target everything I do in here.

Had you not boasted about how you can achieve great results on a Gildan using GC, and said that I can't, you would not have got my attention.

Just because you don't know how or can't get a good print on a Gildan Ultra doesn't mean that someone else can't.

There are others as well as me that have had great success with printing on Gildan Ultras. I have posted many many t-shirt print pictures on this forum and all of them have been printed on Gildan t's.
I get excellent results on the Gildans and i as well as my customers like them. You can talk about your successes all you like but when you make a blanket statement about products that I use and I find you to be wrong I am going to pipe up about it.

Maybe you get polished turd results way down under because you just don't know how to print them properly. Who knows.

Unfortunately for you, what this print of yours shows is an inferior result due to using a poor quality garment. It would appear you have the same issue as the OP when using GC to print on Gildan. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Unfortunately for you you're psuedo ego gets in your way as always.

The Gildan t-shirt that I printed on had nothing to do with anything. Maybe you need to get your tired old eyes checked. That print is not a 100% solid white all the way around because it is not a photo that has 100% white print in it but to you that does not seem to matter. All you want to do is belittle me and that's fine too.

That shirt printed beautifully and my customer loved them. That is what counts.

You see, one of the differences between me and you is that it just eats you up that I get good looking prints on Gildan t's (never have understood why actually). On my end I say use what ever works for you...doesn't bother me a bit what you get good results on. If you can print on rotting splintered wood make it look good then I say more power to you. I WON'T claim that it CAN'T be done.

What say you and I just ignore each other and just try and help people out and also learn more about our F2000's together, shall we? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
843 Posts
You see, one of the differences between me and you is that it just eats you up that I get good looking prints on Gildan t's (never have understood why actually). On my end I say use what ever works for you...doesn't bother me a bit what you get good results on. If you can print on rotting splintered wood make it look good then I say more power to you. I WON'T claim that it CAN'T be done.
Geno, I'm an honest fellow. When I struggle, I'm humble and seek advice from those that are more successful than me at what I am trying to achieve. Boasting gets you no where... :rolleyes:

Two things that stand in ones way of getting to that 'humble place of learning' are 'pride' and 'self delusions of grandeur'.

Your cow print on that Gildan tee looks 'hungry' for white coverage. And you posted that in the 'how to get solid white on black' thread... Why would you do that given your excuses of why it is not solid white? That makes no sense.

I'm not here to belittle you, I'm here to see that what is sowed into this community can be backed up by 'credible' examples. ;)

41 - 55 of 55 Posts