T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a DTG Kiosk from an original owner. She told me the white ink would not print and needed a new head. I used a head cleaning swab and DTG cleaning solution to see if it just needed cleaning. It still didn't work, so I ordered a new print head and capping station. When replacing the head the ribbon cable looked pretty rough so I ordered a new one. I replaced all of the new parts at the same time and started up the printer. I did an ink fill that worked perfect. When I attempt to print the head moves left to right as if printing but nothing comes out. I tried a nozzle test and the head moves but no ink, I checked the fuse on the mainboard and it is fine. I tried printing directly to the printer without using Rip Pro and same results. PLEASE HELP ME.

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
sounds like a blown fuse. not sure what else to tell you other than the head needs to be seated correctly in the capping station. I had that happen to me and removing and replacing the capping station did the trick.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The mainboard 'fuses' are not removable, so it sounds like you have checked the psu fuse. Look on the mainboard for F1 and F2, these are surface mount fuses.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using T-Shirt Forums

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked the F1 fuse and there was no resistance across the fuse. So now I need to know where to locate a new surface mount fuse. I have already removed the old one and checked all of my local computer shops and no one has one. Anyone know where I can purchase one from?

The ribbon cable is inserted all the way and the printhead head appeared to be seating properly in the capping station. So I hope the fuse is my problem if I could only find one.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
I checked the F1 fuse and there was no resistance across the fuse. So now I need to know where to locate a new surface mount fuse. I have already removed the old one and checked all of my local computer shops and no one has one. Anyone know where I can purchase one from?

The ribbon cable is inserted all the way and the printhead head appeared to be seating properly in the capping station. So I hope the fuse is my problem if I could only find one.

The fuse on the main board is soldered in and is normally not replaceable. What we do is solder on an external fuse holder, with the wires being soldered on both sides of the existing fuse. We then put a fuse in the external fuse holder which then effectively jumps the built in fuse. Soldering on the external fuse holder is an extremely delicate job and it's very easy to severely damage the main board if you do not know what you're doing. We strongly recommend sending the board to a qualified repair facility to do.

Harry

Attachments

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
I agree with Harry, you could easily kill the mainboard if you apply too much heat while soldering

Here's an example from an owner of what happens if you do not have the right soldering skills. This customer also burnt a hole through the main board while attempting the repair. Had to purchase a new mainboard as the damaged one was not salvageble.

Harry

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.