T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am having a big problem with my oki c3400 printer. when i try to print on my transfer paper it seams to melt the parts that i try to color. it ends up looking like a color less imprint if my image. i put my printer on the direct feed setting and i put it on the heavy paper setting.

i am using photo trans imageclip transfer paper it is self weeding and sais something about 2004 neenah paper inc.

Is this printer good for printing transfers?
is this transfer paper any good?
and can you tell me the setting you use for your oki (if you have one)?
thank you

· Registered
9 Posts
Yes, Oki's are recommended for printing with the image clip family of papers. i see you are using the heavy setting, i would recommend going higher in the setting: (Heavy, ultra heavy, labels 1, labels 2). continue to increase the weight of the paper for the printer if the toner is not bonding (check to see if it is bonded by wiping a tissue on the paper, if ink comes off on the tissue then go up in weight).

Also, since you mention melting, please ensure you are running the imaging paper through the machine. If you are using image clip laser light the back of the paper should be written in Red (not green) that you are running through the printer.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.