T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been designing and printing shirts for local football and basketball teams and they often times send me examples like I've attached below as something they would like me to try to create for them.

I have been able to sidestep most orders by coming up with something they liked better, but I have a few that keep hitting me up. The vector elements in the design are no problem (the text and basic shapes), but the thing I'm stuck on are the images you see here of the actual football or basketball with the texture of the ball. I'm working in CorelDraw X3 and my first thought was to just take a good stock photo of a football and convert it to a duotone of say brown and black or orange and black, but the results don't quite seem to work the way I expected? I even tried a Tritone of brown white and black but got the same results as the brown and black.

Is anyone familiar with the best way to get this type of result from a photo?

·
Registered
311 Posts
See the Photoshop screendump below. I hope you can translate it to Corel.
It works both with gray scale and with halftone. If you are using halftones, note that you can adjust choke/trap (to some degree?) by blurring the halftones and adjusting with curves.

You can transfer the adjusted grayscale/halftone images to the channels, when you have finished the design.

My niece played on Lady Tigers. That is nearly 18 years ago now.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey mark,
I noticed your msg about creating was posted several years ago so I am hoping by now you have figured this problem out, as I am having the same one now. I am also a coreldraw user so I if you have found a solution and could pass it my way I would greatly appreiciate it.
Thanks Kyle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts