T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm not the greatest with corel draw x4, but this should not be that hard to do, i just cant seem to get it right after about 5 hours can someone please help. Its just simple text with a couple of outlines and looks like a drop shadow

Attachments

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I don't use Corel but i believe the tools you'll use are basically the same in both apps, possibly just named differently.
fairly simple design. place the bitmap into draw to use as a template and lock it so it doesn't move. Then, using the pen tool, trace out the design. It may take you some time to get used to how the pen tool works and how the nodes and curves work but once you get it, it'll be a breeze.

Does Corel have a live trace feature or application? that may speed up your work.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Unsure what font that is, but I'd type the words out, with the LU being 25% of the weight of the bigger letters. I'd use Fit Text To Path or whatever it's called in X4 to apply the letters to an oval curve.

I'd then apply the small white contour (probably go like 1/32"), break apart, apply Gold contour on top of white contour (1/8"), break apart, apply Black contour on top of Gold contour (1/8"), Break Apart contours. Note: I'm using contours and not the stroke options, you can apply a stroke behind the fill, but sometimes it'll cause crashes trying to convert it to a curve.

Then I'd break apart the letters from the curve and from themselves. Copy/paste each Black contour and move to create the drop shadow effect on each letter individually. You could try to play with the drop shadow tool, but most of the times I just copy/paste my letters/shapes and position them. Once that's positioned, I'd adjust the LU to be a little bit higher up, group it all, Create Outline around object and apply the final 1/32"ish white.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Welp, had to change something on my final steps. Here's a sample though. The font I used was Wide Latin, which is the closest I could find. I used it at 250 Point, with the LU being at 187 point. I then doubled the height of the font while leaving the width the same to get it to look more like what I thought was the original, this probably wasn't necessary after comparing the two though. Followed my directions up until the final step of creating the white border, as the outline I was getting was filling in part of the P and U. To fix this, I selected the two black outlines for each letter and welded them together. Then I applied the white outline to it.

The end result was this:

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
would like to thank joe for his post. it was easy to do that way.again thanks and aslo thanks to the others that posted as well

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'd use the envelope tool to get your curve and the contour tool for all the outlines. Do the outlines one at a time. and break the contour group apart after each time you apply the next outline

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
You will have to square off the pointy ends of the contours to match, then duplicate them to make the drop shadows... then go back to the white contours and weld then together to get the uniform outline. here is a quickie version that still needs a little tweaking.... I used the envelope to make the curve shape, then broke it apart, added contours, duplicated the contours to make the shadows and offset them where they needed to me. Then weld the white contour together and have it a black outline.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts