T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was able to download a PES program reader and the file is there. but to describe the problem a little better... i have the PED-Basic. I had a company digitize the image and make it a PES file. (are there different PES files?) i placed the file into the PED to transfer it to an original card. the PED program said there was no sew file on in the folder.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
David, I got the file you sent me. I was able to open it with PE-Design 7.0, it looks perfectly fine to me.

Are you saying PED-Basic won't recognize it or will your embroidery machine not recognize it?

On a chance, I resaved the file you sent me as a version 4.0 file and emailed it back to you. Let me know if you can open that version?

·
Registered
503 Posts
I know that a lot of softwares do not recognize version 7 .pes. I use "professional" digitizing software for digitizing my designs but I like to use PE Design for lettering because it does a much better job on truetype fonts. But if I save as a version 7, my "professional" software will not open or import the file. It basically comes up with a message that stitch data is not there. But if I save down as a version 6, it doesn't have problems with it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
sorry for bring old post up. but my wife is haveing problem getting a .pes file to the ped basic. she bought them off a embroidery web site. they are in a zip file when i got to extract them to the ped basic it give a error. can some one help me. thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.