T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I have a client that is looking to have some black baseball jerseys printed with there team logo. The problem im facing is that im only used to completing jobs that are cotton/poly blends and have never attempted to use a poly/spandex blend. The client wants to use Augusta Sportswear STYLE 1070 - EXA SHORT SLEEVE jerseys. Can plastisol transfers be made and heat pressed on these type of jerseys or do they need direct screen printing?

Any help would be appreciated!

· Registered
7 Posts
I would print direct using a poly ink- Willflex has a white called epic white that has stretch capabilities for the spandex or you can use your own poly block ink and add an additive that allows the print to stretch without cracking the ink. Every ink manufacturer has an additive for spandex.

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would print direct using a poly ink- Willflex has a white called epic white that has stretch capabilities for the spandex or you can use your own poly block ink and add an additive that allows the print to stretch without cracking the ink. Every ink manufacturer has an additive for spandex.
Thanks for the information, i actually dont screen print and normally just do vinyl transfers or plastisol transfers. Is there anyone that i can outsource the job to?

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the image too complex to cut with a plotter, if not you should be able to apply film as you would with the back numbers, stahls film has always worked for me. As for outsourcing, I'm from winnipeg Canada so it may be a distance from where you are.
I currently use Eco Film and i read that eco film is only used for Cotton/Polyestor blends, the augusta sportswear blanks that are going to be used are a poly spandex blend. Not sure if it will stick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.