T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

How do you get that "half-moon" to your type?? I am using Illustrator 9.0.

Thanks

Established Clothing Co

p.s.-this forum is great and I appreciate all the help I always get!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not very familiar with AI, but Photoshop has a button on the Text toolbar that allows you to do this. I'd try selecting the text button, typing out a few words then looking to see what pops up.. on PS it's a "T" with a line under it.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
If you are just trying type text along a path (say in a curved pattern), you should start by drawing a line that is the path you would like your text to go along. Then go to the [T] tool on the tool bar and hold it down for a few seconds. A menu of differen options should pop out. go to the option that says "path type tool" when you put your mouse over it for a few seconds. Then just click on a path and the text will be written along the path.

If you are looking to warp text to a particular shape, draw the shape that you want your text to be in the shape of with the pen tool. Then write your text. Put the text behind the shape that you want to text to be in the shape of. Then select the text and the shape and go to [ Object > Envelope Distort > Make With Top Object ]

hope this makes sense

1 - 4 of 4 Posts