T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

First want to give thanks to administrators for this great Forum.

I need help with an issue I am having trying to switch from Dye (Standard ink) to Pigment ink in my Work Force 1100 Printer.

The printer was working OK with the standard ink (Third party cartridges), and before cleaning the head I've printed various Tests charts that comes out perfect, even try on Photographic Papers, and High Resolution papers also, that's was just to make sure everything was OK.

So then I used cleaning solution cartridges give tree cleanings until saw no ink on nozzle check test print, when I put the new cartridges with Pigment ink and the ink charging finished print a nozzle check pattern very well. After that it din't print anymore, first the black, magenta, yellow doesn't print, and later after two cleaning cycles none of the colors prints. I've replaced the Pigment ink cartridges with ones for cleaning, but I am afraid to switch back to Dye, don't want to damage the print head.

So, if somebody could help me I will be more than grateful.

My intent is to use this WF1100 for light and dark garment Transfer printing, due to the fading with Dye ink I am having.

Thanks in advance for your help.

· Registered
792 Posts
Hello everyone.

First want to give thanks to administrators for this great Forum.

I need help with an issue I am having trying to switch from Dye (Standard ink) to Pigment ink in my Work Force 1100 Printer.

The printer was working OK with the standard ink (Third party cartridges), and before cleaning the head I've printed various Tests charts that comes out perfect, even try on Photographic Papers, and High Resolution papers also, that's was just to make sure everything was OK.

So then I used cleaning solution cartridges give tree cleanings until saw no ink on nozzle check test print, when I put the new cartridges with Pigment ink and the ink charging finished print a nozzle check pattern very well. After that it din't print anymore, first the black, magenta, yellow doesn't print, and later after two cleaning cycles none of the colors prints. I've replaced the Pigment ink cartridges with ones for cleaning, but I am afraid to switch back to Dye, don't want to damage the print head.

So, if somebody could help me I will be more than grateful.

My intent is to use this WF1100 for light and dark garment Transfer printing, due to the fading with Dye ink I am having.

Thanks in advance for your help.
The standard ink for the printer is pigment ink no?

I don't think this is a pigment vs ink issue.

How old is this thing? Did it sit a while before printing?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The standard ink for the printer is pigment ink no?

I don't think this is a pigment vs ink issue.

How old is this thing? Did it sit a while before printing?
Yes this printer originally uses "DURABrite® Ultra pigment ink", but I have using it with Dye based ink CISS, I have this printer for so long that was afraid to damage it when changing ink type. Is better to ask and seem stupid, than be stupid and damage the equipment for not asking.

Thanks a lot for taking time to answer, this Forum Rocks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.