T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A'ight, I got my clothing line coming out, but I'm starting with just plain tee's. The problem is I ain't too confident on what I know about Trademarks and stuff. So if it's not a problem, help me out.
What I need to know is:
-I got the name all figured out how do I get the trademark? Do I really gotta pay $400est. for it?
-I got a symbol for my brand too(ex.Nike's "swoosh"). How do I go about protecting that?
-I got a way to protect it from knockoff's being sold in Chinatown, and **** like that. I gotta patent this, right?
-I also got another name brand associated with my main name brand. Do I have to TM that too?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm interested in seeing what hands-on information comes out of the forum community. Good topic!

Meanwhile, go to the site of the U.S. Trademark and Patent Office (TPO). good place to start.

lopieson

·
Registered
203 Posts
You do not need a patent. Yes you have to pay almost $400. That is for the filing fee and can not be refunded no matter what. I think you can trademark the symbol and the name together. Do a search on trademark on this forum, there are lots of discussions for you.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I filed my trademark in june last year. The status has now changed from published for opposition to "notice of allowance". I have six months to proove that my mark has been or will be used in commerce. Hooray

1 - 5 of 5 Posts