T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to customize 24 red chef's jackets within the next 3 weeks. I need them by August 29th. I've searched several conventional manufacturers and vendors, but have come up with no luck.

We ideally want orange/red/yellow flames on the sleeves of the jacket. Coming up from the wrist and going up to just past the elbow or right at the elbow and going completely around the sleeve or at least 3/4 the way around.

If this is impossible (which it appears to be right now) we can put the flames on the bottom of the jacket instead. Again it would like them to run around the entire bottom of the jacket, but if this is not possible we could tweak the design a little.

If anyone has any suggestions for who to go to for production of the desired above, please let me know!

If anyone has any suggestions for another method of achieving the flame look on a red chef jacket other than heat press, please let me know!

The main problems we have run into so far are:

1. The sleeve screens we've found can only print 3.5" wide on the sleeves
  2. The screens for the bottom of the jacket are only 16" wide while many of the jackets are up to 30" wide. The jacket also has buttons running down the front which many printers say they are unable to print over.
I am open to any suggestions at this time! I located in Columbus, Ohio, so if there are is anyone locally to help that would be fantastic! But, we can work with anyone as long as we can get our end of month deadline.

Thank you!!!

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
If anyone has any suggestions for another method of achieving the flame look on a red chef jacket other than heat press, please let me know!
Ideally you'd actually do it at the garment level (i.e. sewn fabric panels). But in terms of finished garment decoration, vinyl and a heat press seems like the best way.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I know you mentioned no heat press but with some creative application thinking it may solve your issue.

These are sleeve plastisol transfers or whats called cut ups. You could probably get the desired look by cutting the base of the flames and arranging them along the lower seam. It would be a bit of work but it could be done.

I think the sleeves could be done the same way.

Just a suggestion but the order might be worth the effort.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
If you want the sleeves screenprinted you'll just have to print, cure, reload, print, cure reload... all around the sleeve. If the flames overlap a little it won't hurt the effect at all. Ditto for the bottom of the jacket. Perhaps a little tedious but why wouldn't it work? Another idea for the jacket is have a local sign shop burn you a 30"+ screen, if they have any with large enough mesh for plastisol.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
On second thought, print, flash, rotate sleeve, print, flash, rotate until printed all the way around then cure. Probably have to run through the oven twice to get each side of the sleeve.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you want the sleeves screenprinted you'll just have to print, cure, reload, print, cure reload... all around the sleeve. If the flames overlap a little it won't hurt the effect at all. Ditto for the bottom of the jacket. Perhaps a little tedious but why wouldn't it work? Another idea for the jacket is have a local sign shop burn you a 30"+ screen, if they have any with large enough mesh for plastisol.

Thanks Wormil! While it does seem possible, it is very difficult, near impossible to find someone willing to take the time to do such work. It's good to know the process now though!

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
A big shop probably wouldn't touch it, too labor intensive. You need a small guy with some experience under his belt. Personally I love doing things like that but I don't screenprint anymore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is shame you are no longer in the screen printing business :( You seem as though you could be a very valuable contact.

If you happen to have any friends or contacts who may be of assistance for this type of thing in the future, please let me know! It is too late for this particular project, but we always have new ones coming up!

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
There are many talented people here who screenprint, I'm surprised you didn't get half a dozen workable solutions. No matter who does it though, that job won't be cheap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts