T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am slowly moving my company into vehicle vinyl lettering...I have a job I need help pricing.here are the specs

2 doors , size 24 inches x 26 inches per door(logo)
2 sidtruck beds , size 8 inches tall x 4 feet long(text)
1 tailgate , size 14 inches x 12 inches(logo)
1 tailgate , size 6 inches x 24 inches(text)

all will be 1 color(royal blue) and I am installing the vinyl..I have the artwork..cut ready...I really have no Idea how to price this..what I need is a general pricing guide..I know pricing will depend on where I live and the surrounding shops...but I am looking for a starting point for a job like this...I will also be calling a few shops in my area to get an idea as to what they charge....thank you in advance for any help.

Inked

·
Registered
117 Posts
30-45 minutes. But I'm a fickle guy, with prep I would take 45 min but charge 30 min. (wash, clean, isopropyl alcohol, dry, wet apply.)

90% I would make a cash deal at 150$ flat.

If it's not digitally printed probably 125$ cash.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
We're about the same as Mo, did a similar job awhile back for $150 all cut vinyl no printing, took longer to prep for install then application.

Once you get the hang of it you'll see it's pretty easy money, just don't scrimp on the prep work.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I would be at $118 just for the material...and I would be using 3M 7725 on a clear backing.

Did you get yourself a cutter? If so what did you go with.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
actually my partner went out and purchased a cutter.......he isnt actually my partner but I told him I would help get some vinyl jobs for him...but I also told him not to buy a cutter without talking to me first...but he went ahead and got a 34 inch uscutter...and has been having problems since day 1....and no help from customer service....

Inked

1 - 12 of 12 Posts