T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The company my husband works for, has asked that I give them a quote for putting the etched vinyl on several of their windows. I have no idea how to price it or the application either. The signs will be about 8 x 11 (most 2 to 3 words, some with a simple graphic) to be put on several of the side windows to classrooms.

There will be anywhere from 10 to 25 windows. They want a price doing 10 and 25.

Can anyone help me with this. I did one for them the other day that was about 32 x 17 and I charge 45 plus 20 application. Don't know whether that was good or bad.

Thanks for any and all help!!!

Michele

·
Registered
344 Posts
You have already given them an idea of what you will charge by the job you've already done for them. (at what appears to be a fair price) $45 for about one linear yard of material cut and prepped for installation. I am assuming you are cutting from a 24 inch wide roll, so you can get six of the new graphics in the same area. Pricing at $15 each would bring you $90 for the same amount of material you already were willing to get $45 for - and $15 each is a pretty good price for the company. If they order 10 you use less than 2 linear yards of material and have a fair profit.

If doing 25 I might drop the price down to $12.50 each. That still brings in $75 for about a yard of material. Your total material used will be about 4 yards out of a 10 yard roll.

As for installation, you have already set the bar for them. You installed the larger graphic for $20. Remember how long it took you to install the larger graphic, estimate your installation time for the smaller one, and seek to make the same amount per hour (assuming you are happy with what you made the last time). Consider cutting the price some because of less travel time. If you want to discount installation on the order for 25 you could, but I doubt it is necessary.

Also, in your bid, make it clear that your prices are for orders which are of a particular size and quantity.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts