T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am totally confused now. I am getting ready to order me my 1st embroidery machine and thought I knew what I wanted. I was planing on ordering the Brother PR1000e. It is about $13,000 but then my husband was looking at the Melco's and saw its said about $9,000 and he asked me why it was cheaper. I thought maybe it was a better brand or easier to use? But then I came here and don't even see anything about Brothers on here that much. So my question is what is the best embroidery machine for a newby to get and why? I know everyone is going to have a different opinion but maybe someone can help me. Thanks for any help you can give me.

· Registered
2,732 Posts
The Brother machine will most likely be a lot more user friendly than the Melco. At the same time, the Melco will probably have a larger sewing field and possibly stitch faster. I've heard of people with Melco's that think they are the greatest machine, and I've heard people with Melco's who will never buy another and the same applies to the Brother/Babylock machines.

Personally, I have 2 Brother machines and an SWF commercial machine. The SWF has a larger sewing field, the Brother machines are much easier to set up and use in general. If the Brother machine has upgrade 1, the camera placement is an invaluable tool for certain types of embroidery work. We picked up a 'demo' Babylock ENT10, same as the PR1000E, with upgrade 1, table top, cutwork upgrade and the stand for $12K a couple of weeks ago. For $13K, does that also include PE-Design? You will need some form of software for creating lettering, etc... There is also a couple of Yahoo groups for the Brother PR machines that can be very helpful at times...

· Registered
357 Posts
You can buy a used Barudan for less and I think they are very user friendly. If my hubby that is computer illiterate can run one, anyone can. I personally have never seen the reason to spend so much on the Brother name. Just my 2 cents :)

· Registered
171 Posts
For that kind of money I would get a Commercial machine not a home machine.
In the long run the commercial machine will allow you to do more and larger embrodiery and it will perform better as well as hold its value better as well as long as you get one of the better brands.
ZSK, Barudan, Tajima are the top three I would say at the moment. Your not talking about much difference in price but your getting a much better machine that will allow you to grow as well as hold its value better.
Good luck with your research.
Here are some websites to look at the machines mentioned.
Logoequipment.com ZSK
Barudanamerica.com Barudan
Hirschintl.com Tajima

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.