T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
Im fairly new to screenprinting, and I recently bought a Lexmark Pro208 all in 1 printer. I tried printing a design on transparency paper, but the ink does not dry. I live in Montreal, Canada, and would like to know where to buy transparencies that do not bleed, and that dry fast. Also, does vellum work instead? HELP PLEASE!:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: what do i do!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Transparency film is not designed for screened positives. It is for overhead projectors where UV light blockage is not important. Are you sure you are printing on the correct side of the transparencies? The Lexmark will have pigment based ink which will dry slower than dye based ink, even on the proper side of a transparency. Vellum is designed for laser printers. At best, it still leaves somewhat to be desired as concerns UV light blockage. Do a google for inkjet film. It is available in several sizes. You need to be sure to get waterproof film for screen printing. It also has a printable side. Ink will smear on the wrong side. God Bless.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts