2. replace the tag with my own tagless label
3. allow me to embed their online store in my own website
4. print and ship shirts one by one as they're ordered

Any recommendations?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
133 Posts
i think Zazzle, Cafe press and the same can do that for you.. not sure if they'll replace the tags tho.

and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
3. allow me to embed their online store in my own website
4. print and ship shirts one by one as they're ordered
I don't think you'll find a screen printer that will print t-shirts one by one as they're ordered. That's not really how screen printing works :)

You might find someone doing DTG printing or heat transfers that can do that though. As mentioned, CafePress, Zazzle, Printfection have that capability with DTG printing, but they don't replace labels with your own.

You may have to make some tradeoffs to get what you need and figure out which of those requirements is the MOST important and which you can do without

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
There really isn't a service that does all 4?
Not with screen printing.

It's like asking a fish to climb a mountain. Fish are great a swimming, not so much at climbing mountains :) Screen printing is a great way to get t-shirt printed, not so much at "printing one at a time as needed". You usually need to order 24+ t-shirts of the same design at a time when you get t-shirts screen printed because of the setup labor and time involved.

That's why I suggested Direct to Garment printing (DTG), because you could probably get all 4 (except they wouldn't be screen printed). DTG printing allows companies to print on demand as needed because it's a different printing process.

So you would:

1. Find a DTG printer that can source the garments you need.

2. Talk to them about the costs for printing a tagless label in the neckline and removing the existing label. For lower costs, you may want to source a blank t-shirt that has tear away tags.

3. Build an online store onto your website using free or paid shopping cart software like cubecart, zen-cart, oscommerce, bigcartel, storenvy, shopify, etc.

4. Market and advertise your products and email the DTG printer you found in step one when an order comes in. Once they have your artwork on file, you just tell them what design, what size and where to ship and they can ship it directly to the customer as the orders come in, one at a time.

Hope this helps some :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Explaining what I'm looking for:

I hear 50/50s are the most comfortable. That's why I'm looking for those particular vintage Ts.

As we start up, I'm much more concerned with limiting my overhead than I am with getting costs down for the consumer. That's why I seek a print-shirt-as-they-are-ordered company.

I'd like those orders to be placed from my own website. That's why I need a service that allows me to embed their online marketplace on my own site.

And, of course, I'm looking to build a brand, so I need my own labels.

There really isn't a service that does all 4?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Rodney
Thank you. That is very helpful. What are the quality differences between DtG and screen printing? My instinct says that DtG is junk, but I don't really know.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
@Rodney
Thank you. That is very helpful. What are the quality differences between DtG and screen printing? My instinct says that DtG is junk, but I don't really know.
DTG done right can look great.

Screen printing done poorly can look like junk :)

So finding a printer that can delivery quality (whatever the printing method), should be a main concern.

The differences have been explained here by others much better than I could, so this thread would good reading material: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/general-t-shirt-selling-discussion/t48532.html

But if screen printing isn't going to work for you because you don't want to invest in inventory, you basically have no choice but to try another method like DTG.

I will say this: one of the great things about DTG is that you can send a DTG printer your artwork and ask for one sample print and get one without spending a fortune (might cost you $10-$20 for one t-shirt). But then you get to see that company's quality and customer service first and and see if your designs look good printed on a DTG printer. You can also wash it several times, wear it, feel it, hug it, and see how YOU like the quality.

You already know what screen printing quality is like, because you've probably got a dozen t-shirts in your closet that are screen printed :)

So now it's just time to read about DTG, and then jump in first hand by getting one of your designs printed by a DTG printer (maybe 2-3 different companies to get a good average of quality/pricing/service) and then take your next steps to get your business going!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts