T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm a newbie and I just started reading around on different types of transfer papers. I'd like to buy the kind that doesn't leave the white background on when applied...

Does that even exist? :confused: Where could I buy some?

Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
:welcome:
MIG27 said:
Hi there, I'm a newbie and I just started reading around on different types of transfer papers. I'd like to buy the kind that doesn't leave the white background on when applied...

Does that even exist? :confused: Where could I buy some?

Thanks for your help!!
:welcome:

Are you asking about transfer paper that ONLY the graphic goes on the shirt ?
Are you using your own printer to make the transfers ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there, yes exactly, transfer paper which only the graphics stay on the shirt. I'd be using my inkjet printer to print on the transfer.

Hope that kind of transfer paper exists!

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
MIG27 said:
Hi there, yes exactly, transfer paper which only the graphics stay on the shirt. I'd be using my inkjet printer to print on the transfer.

Hope that kind of transfer paper exists!

Thanks for your help!
i dont think it exists but may be im wrong since i do not use a bubble jet to make transfers.

There are a lot of members here that do use them, they will come along and post some info about it soon im sure.

hang tight. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:( Too bad...I thought it existed somewhere out there! Like you said hopefully if it does exist maybe someone will guide me in the right way!

Thanks for you help again!

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
MIG27 said:
:( Too bad...I thought it existed somewhere out there! Like you said hopefully if it does exist maybe someone will guide me in the right way!

Thanks for you help again!
while we're waiting for the Jet-Brains to come along....

by Roach Transfers 1975 original.

there is talk around that there is a new CLC transfer Paper Media in the works that will do just that and on Black shirts too. :)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
the photo trans image clip paper does what you are descibing for light colored shirts, but it requires a laser printer. The miracool / ironall / softfeel paper leaves a very unoticable film on the shirt, that is soft and not unpleaseant.

For dark color shirts, if you dont want a window on the shirt, you will need to do one of the following:
1. Opaque transfers with optical eye vinyl cutter to die cut on the printed sections
2. die cut heat transfer vinyl
3. plasticol transfers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:D Thanks for your help Jon and Lucy, this forum is very helpful!

Concerning Plastisol transfers, how do they work..can they can't be printed on with a regular inkjet printer right?:confused:

cheers

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
MIG27 said:
:D Thanks for your help Jon and Lucy, this forum is very helpful!

Concerning Plastisol transfers, how do they work..can they can't be printed on with a regular inkjet printer right?:confused:

cheers
nope.
May be one day.
For now you would need to get a plastisol transfer maker to make them for you or you could go out and buy screen printing equipment and learn the trade. Not complicated but it will take time to learn the Trade and money (not cheap, cheap). :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts