T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am currently in california. i wanna start my own label. How do I start? im completely lost. Should I copyright my deisgn or trademark it?can you tell me the pros and cons of each. thanks alot

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Just do a quick search from the options to the left. You can't move for trademark threads, explaining almost every possible aspect.

The general rule is at this stage : you probably should be worring about it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
kriss2fer said:
Hi I am currently in california. i wanna start my own label. How do I start? im completely lost. Should I copyright my deisgn or trademark it?can you tell me the pros and cons of each. thanks alot
Yo KRis.. welcome to the forums.. Copyright is expensive.. trademark is mainly for branding... uhh im new too but you should come up with a name for your company and put the tm on that... just do your designs and print them up... so atleast you have proof its your... i dont know other guys on this page know more stuff, coolhandlook, ph0yce, Rodney the admin, and other...sorry if I left u out but... best of luck with your project

310 CALI REPRESENT!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Do a search for Solmu. He's written some pretty long posts differenciating between trademark and copyright.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts