T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to make a white background that follows the logo i have attached. a silloutte is what i think they call it. i have coreldraw x3, photoshop cs2, and illy cs2. im good with corel, not to good with the others, but i can manage simple stuff

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Send me the original logo and I will separate a Background for you like in this example. Although I will do it in Photoshop, hoping that this work. If you need a Vector file then I will have to do it in Illustrator.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Send me the original logo and I will separate a Background for you like in this example. Although I will do it in Photoshop, hoping that this work. If you need a Vector file then I will have to do it in Illustrator.
thats exactly what i need. i will pm you. thank you for your help

·
Registered
182 Posts
Create Boundary over all objects - might need to color it (?)

Then Contour it (adjust size)

Separate - remove Boundary object - Put new outlined object to back

Should work for you

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I imagine the logo is not vector, so here is how you'd do it in Corel:
Trace the logo, get rid of any excess garbage (the old white background for instance), select it all, apply a white outline until you're satisfied, convert the outline to an object, then fill that converted outline with white, then delete all the other vectors, then bring your original logo back to the front. It probably wouldn't be as pretty either.

It's a bit easier to manipulate in Photoshop (and probably Photopaint, but don't know photopaint too well yet).

I'd do it in Photoshop by:
Magic wand the white and get rid of it, leaving you with just the logo and everything else being transparent, then apply a Stroke, and it's done, I'd then export to a transparent gif, or something similar.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The logo is a vector, ive been playing around with it. I put a contour around it, now im just deleating nodes. I think the main problem is all the distressed items. There giving me a wierd outline / contour. What i need to do is learn how to use the pen tool in photoshop so i can just make my own outline. Anyway heres what i got so far. I think it will work

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts