people @ t-shirt forum

dk

· Registered
136 Posts
my cost of the shirt and mark it up
cost of shipping to me divided by the number of shirts
printing charge with number of colors and locations

cost of shirt shipped to me with mark up-$3.00
(add for extra shirts in each size for mistakes)
front print charge---------------------------$3.35
back print charge---------------------------$5.05
total------------------------------------------$11.40
X 20 units------------------------------------$228.00
dont forget any art charge, shipping, and taxes

· Registered
138 Posts
If I feel I will get more business out of the deal I might say $12 depending on how complicated the art work is. If its just spot colors then I would think that easier than if it were half tones and highlights.

I thought the guy just wants these and doesnt really have leads to more business I would say $15 each.

Cost would be around $4 to produce so $80. $300 would be the take and $220 would go to beer and hookers.

People I feel that have potential leads are people who order shirts for event buy also have their own business or are a part of a club or some sort. A person who has kids and is involved in the Little League or some other things. If this guy called me because a friend referred himto me I would call my friend and find out more about him. If it seems like there is a potential for future work out of this guy I would do the $12. If its some random yahoo....I would do the standard pricing for $15.

· Registered
458 Posts
3 hrs labor, is that manual press print, setup, and clean up?
I don't include clean up. I mean all that's involved is scooping the ink back in the can and removing tape. Then the screen just gets put in the "to be washed pile" and I wash and reclaim them when ever I need to like once or twice a month so I don't worry about putting that in the bid. Even if my time is off by 100% I'd still be making $30 per hour which is still good enough for me.

· Registered
2,028 Posts
I don't include clean up. I mean all that's involved is scooping the ink back in the can and removing tape. Then the screen just gets put in the "to be washed pile" and I wash and reclaim them when ever I need to like once or twice a month so I don't worry about putting that in the bid. Even if my time is off by 100% I'd still be making $30 per hour which is still good enough for me.
My overhead accounts for $10 per hour. Charging $30 per hour would get me down to $20 per hour... then taxes on top of that. I make more than that at my regular job, so the headaches of business would not even be worth it to me.

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I decided to have it done DTG.
I supplied the shirt...and outsource the job. they charged me 4.50 to put the ink on.
The shirt 3.00 total cost 7.50
I priced them 11.50 per shirt.
4.00 profit per shirt.. 80.00 profit.
The 20 shirts were a test. Hopeful I'll get the customer. It's a yearly event.
As of now, I just don't know how many tee's they will order.

Thanks for all the post.
I see the logic in all
dk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.