T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have two questions, based on the two attached pictures.

Tag Photo Question:
What is the material for the tag, and how do they get the lettering that small? It's got extremely little hand, and feels like it's part of the shirt. It looks like vinyl.. but everything I've found in vinyl has to be cad cut and weeded, and therefore you can't achieve such small font. You can screen print small, but this isn't screen printed I don't think. And scree

Logo Photo Question:
What material is this? I'm pretty confident it's vinyl, but there is a clear edging around it... if you look closely you can see it. How do you have a gray vinyl over a clear film? Is that printed on? If so, with what?

I'm trying to achieve a super soft tagging and logo solution for performance shirts. Usually they're poly or poly blends, so water base screen printing isn't an option, and regular screen printing bleeds through the light fabric. I'm going for a premium look and feel that has as little hand as possible. Any info you can give me would be great. Thanks!

Attachments

· Registered
486 Posts
There are so many ways to print tagless tee tags now. It could be pad printed or a laser transfer with a white toner printer such as the Oki 920WT. It coule even possibly be screen printed but I doubt it. I'm guessing a transfer or pad printed.

-Jim

Sent from my SGH-M919 using T-Shirt Forums

· Registered
486 Posts
Oops, I just reread your post. The clear around the white is a transfer for sure. I've seen these on some of my tees (Hanes I think does it to), but I don't know how that is done.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using T-Shirt Forums

· Registered
1,662 Posts
That's vinyl you can look at the three adidas slants on the 2nd picture and see the vinyl lifting. Also they could use a clean cut blade at a 60* and cut detailed and fine depending on the cutter. I'm sure it's a high end cutter. The clear coat you can get that if you press after with a teflon sheet. Or looking again it could be silkscreen then pressed with a teflon sheet after to get the shine. But looking at the grooves in the design it looks more to be vinyl

· Registered
2,013 Posts
You get the clear outline with print-cut vinyl. Printing onto clear vinyl, then cut.... All with the same machine

Roland BN 20 or a Roland versacam.

I've noticed that all the big sports manufacturers are using these types of prints for neck tags and logos now.

It gives high definition and no bleeding issues with the increased use of man-made performance mayerials

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! Do you know of a company that does this as a service? I need a more immediate solution while I figure out the best printer cutter for my needs. Do you have any recommendations for a thin, soft, quality clear vinyl to print to once I do purchase my own? Thanks!!

· Registered
6,848 Posts
Thanks! Do you know of a company that does this as a service? I need a more immediate solution while I figure out the best printer cutter for my needs. Do you have any recommendations for a thin, soft, quality clear vinyl to print to once I do purchase my own? Thanks!!
I doubt the companies Adidas and the like use, do "start up" type quantities...But here is one that seems to do major brands....

HEAT TRANSFER LABEL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.